Saturday, February 02, 2008

This and That

For a little bit of This

One of the things I look forward to in February is the Annual Reader Poll at All About Romance. I love voting and seeing which books are readers favourites. For the past couple of years they have done it differently and they have an ongoing update of which books are in the running, out of the running, back in the running. I cast my ballot the other day. Be sure to check it out!

And a little bit of That
I don't know how many of you have checked out the new blog The Book Smugglers yet - they are two newbie bloggers, but they scored pretty good with a fascinating interview with Joanne Bourne, author of what already is and I'm sure will remain, one of my favourite books of 2008, The Spymaster's Lady. Be sure to check it out too!

And in non book related news, I can see the end of the tunnel on my kitchenless house! It's getting there. The ceiling, floors, walls, painting are all done and the cupboard frames are all done. It's fascinating coming home at the end of the day to see how much more they've done. I've been taking pictures - before, during and I'll take after so I can post them. I'm so excited! One of the things that bothered me most about the old kitchen was how dark it was. Well it's not dark now! It's nice and bright. Pics to follow!

'till later

4 comments:

Ana said...

Thank you for the shout out Kristie, very kind of you.

Really, Joanna is an amazing writer and a very approachable person - just a very down to earth and interesting author!

nath said...

LOL, how do you do to discover all those new bloggers?

and yay on your kitchen! it must be exciting to find all those new things once you come home :) Lucky you :) we'll have to come and see your kitchen this summer :P

Stacy~ said...

It was a great interview. I enjoy the BookSmugglers' blog.

Thea said...

What up Kristie, thanks for the shout out!

And just so you know, I am formally joining your North & South crusade.

Stunning miniseries. I couldn't stop watching it!