Saturday, February 16, 2008

Kitchen Update

For all those who might be wondering how the kitchen is going.
Well - I still haven't got one!!
The completion has been delayed. I picked out a counter top and the suppliers didn't inform my kitchen guy until two days before he was going to get it that it was discontinued. I picked out another one I really liked and it was supposed to be in last Thursday, but it was back ordered.
*sigh*
Most of the kitchen is done. I still need the counter top and the doors up on the cupboards. And I still don't have the appliances in. And I still don't have the sink in.
They started on January 4 and here it is February 16 and still no kitchen.
I'm getting a bit tired of this. I want to cook damn it!
They had a potluck at work the other day and I couldn't make anything for it.
I want to be able to make a cup of tea in the kitchen, not in the bathroom.
I want to be able to wash dishes in my kitchen sink!
I want to make myself a steak for dinner
I want to bake cookies - OK I don't really want to bake cookies - but I do want to be able to bake cookies if I want to.
I want my dishes back in the cupboards
I want my bedrooms back - not full of appliances and boxes.
I want to go out and buy a new table and chairs and bar stools.
I want my peninsula
I want to make myself a coffee with Baileys but the Baileys is in a box somewhere in the overcrowded bedroom.
I want to buy a rug to go under the sink.
I want to be able to take pictures of my brand new finished kitchen!
I want to put up a few nick nacks - not the huge amount I had before - but just a few.

OK - I'm finished whining for the day.

Oops - no I'm not. I thought of one more!
I want to be able to pluck my eyebrows and (can't believe I'm confessing this) chin hairs again. I have this makeup mirror with a big mirror I used to set on the kitchen table and be able to get real close and pluck. The bathroom mirror is just too far away from my poor weak eyes anymore.

Now I'm done.

5 comments:

Jenster said...

I would think the excuse of not having a kitchen would lose it's appeal very quickly. I hope you're back to cooking soon!

Kristie (J) said...

Jenster - to be honest it had lost it's appeal by the second week! *sad smile* I WANT MY KITCHEN!!

And in happier news - you've been added as a Maybe Crusader heh heh!

Lori said...

Oh, you poor thing. I'm dying to redo my kitchen, but the idea of having to feed a teenage boy out of the back of the car frightens me more than anything else I could come up with in my nightmares!

Here's hoping the countertop comes in soon!

ReneeW said...

Oh, Kristie, I feel your pain. I hate all the mess and inconvenience of remodeling. It seems like contractors take twice as long as they promise, at least. Hope it gets done soon.

CindyS said...

I feel your pain. Okay, I still have my tacky ass kitchen but when I want to cook something I can. Bob took one week to put in our last kitchen but there was tons of prep before that.

And picking stuff. Ugh. I feel so much pressure from that!

(((((((Kristie)))))))

CindyS