Sunday, February 17, 2008

In a break from my obsession - I was tagged for a meme

Laurie tagged me for this one

Six Unimportant Facts About Me

The rules are:

    1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
    2. Post the rules on your blog.
    3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
    4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry.
    5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs.

So here goes mine:

  1. I have no idea how to flirt. When and or if, I ever go on a date again, I’m worried this will prove to be a problem. I have no trouble talking to women but with men – it’s a different story altogether.
  2. At times I think I have a split personality. In some circumstances I feel very confident about myself – in others – see #1 I have no confidence whatsoever.
  3. My eyes have changed colour in the past few years. I find this very strange. One has a tendency to just know certain things about themselves, height, hair colour, eye colour etc. So when something major changes – it’s a bit disconcerting. My eyes used to be dark brown, now they are almost hazel. I prefer the dark brown.
  4. I love sleeping. I could almost go to be every night at 8:00 – I don’t but I could – just to sleep. There’s nothing better than just letting your body totally relax in nice cozy fleece sheets.
  5. I hate the Bare Naked Ladies – so much so that whenever one of their songs comes on the radio, I turn the station. I always feel bad when I do though because they ARE the quintessential Canadian group these days and I almost feel unCanadian doing that. But I think they are stupid and I hate their songs.
  6. I love to kick the frozen slush that gathers on the inside wells of my car tires off. As long as it’s not too frozen that is – then it just hurts my foot. I’ve been known to kick the slush off other cars too and then feel slightly bad that I might be ruining their fun.
So now for six people. Let's see, how about

Katiebabs (partner and fellow Crusader conspirator)
Sula (fellow Crusader conspirator)
Ana and Thea from Book Smugglers (a two for one *g*)
Nath (the stubborn one and who might get #5)
Ames (my buddy who lubs me and who might get #5)

13 comments:

Wendy said...

I went to college in Buffalo, NY - which is almost like being in Canada. I, too, hate the Bare Naked Ladies. hhhaaaaatttttteeeee That said, I do like one of their songs - Old Apartment - only because it's about a relationship break-up and, you guessed it, I was nursing a broken heart when the song first came out. Other than that though? hhhhaaaaatttttteeeeee

Oh, and kicking slush off your car IS fun.

~ames~ said...

LMAO!! Of course I get #5, I am the exact same way. I also feel that way about Great Big Sea. ugh. LOL

#6 is fun too! I'm with you on #1.

Thanks for tagging me!!

sula said...

oh dear, now i have to think of 6 things...

i used to kinda like BNL, but then the radio played them ALL of the freaking time and it got old. really old. i did like that song about having a million dollars tho. *g*

Thea said...

Do the Bare Naked Ladies still make music? *shifty* I wasn't a huge fan either.

And dude, who doesn't love sleeping! Too bad getting enough of it never seems to happen :(

Larissa Ione said...

Geez, I'm SO number 2.

And number 6? Feel free to ruin my fun anytime! *g*

C2 said...

You don't like "If I Had a Million Dollars"? Even I like that one. :-D

Carolyn Crane said...

I love kicking the slush stuff off, too!

grerp said...

I love kicking the slush off too, Kristie. And, more destructive, I like breaking ice puddles - unless the ice is really pretty. Then I leave it.

Kristie (J) said...

Rachel: breaking ice puddles is fun too!! I like the thin ones that break easy and you can almost hear crack!

Carolyn Jean: I wonder what it is that we like doing that kind of thing? It must be the same gene that makes popping bubble wrap so much fun also!

C2 - Million Dollars is the kind of song, I sing along with unconsiously until I realize what I'm singing then I can't change the station fast enough! I might have liked it the first few times, but it's played ALL THE TIME. And really - if you listen to the words - it's stupid. *laughing*

Larissa: Hi! And Welcome! It sounds like I might have to line up to kick the frozen slush off. And just think - all those people who live in the sunny south and don't get snow that much are probably scratching their heads going "H'uh?"

Thea: yes *sigh* BNL are still making music. I heard a new song the other day - another one that was stupid. And I changed the channel once again. The worst time was when both stations I like to listen too were playing the same song at the same time. EEEKKK!

Sula: I expect it's even worse here where the CTAC (or something) regulates that so much percentage of music played in an hour must be Canadian. And I read somewhere very peculiararily (I know - wrong spelling) that some of the best Canadian Artists weren't considered Canadian - like Bryan Adams. Made me scratch my head let me tell you.

Ames!! *chuckle* Bite Your Tongue!! I LOVE Great Big Sea. I love their music and their fun-ness. And I think Alan Doyle is quite attractive too *g*.

Wendy: Aaaahhh another Bare Naked Ladies, slush kicking non fan, fan I see. Your one better than me 'cause I don't like ANY of their songs.

CindyS said...

I like the song with 'chinese chicken, you have a drumstick and your brain starts ticking, watching X-Files with the lights on with Donna Maison I hope the Smoking Man is in this one' - yes, I could go on. And I like the apartment song also.

Hate million dollars song.

And I often said I didn't know how to flirt only to hear 'then you are not grown up'. Yeah. Bite me. I've decided it means I'm not a game player - you're in or out. And you nabbed a great guy the first time so I think you'll get along fine ;)

I love kicking the slush too.

Sleeping. Yeah. Shocking.

And I can't believe your eyes have changed colour. I've never heard of that before. Sure, kids eyes change colour but I figured after a certain age that was that.

CindyS

nath said...

Sorry, I don't get no. 5, because i have no idea which band that is LOL :) I'm not very current on music... esp. not Canadian music. and yes I am stubborn and I will remain stubborn LOL :) I will probably regret it whenever I watch North and South LOL :)

I'm with you on no.1 and I think it's cool that your eye color changed. Of course, less cool that you don't like it as much right now. I wonder why...

Kristie (J) said...

Nath: I am SHOCKED! You don't know Bare Naked Ladies?? Let's see you've probably heard their songs but not know the name of the group. Their most famous one is: If I Had a Million Dollars - then goes on to list stupid things they would buy, like a monkey and fur coat but not real fur and on an on.
Also fairly oft played is the one Cindy mentioned - the Chinese Chicken one - they sing it real fast.
And LOL - you did get what I meant by stubborn *g*

Cindy: I don't know the apartment song but I'm sure I wouldn't like it even if I liked it 'cause I can't stand the group that sings it *g*. And I noticed about six months ago that my eye colour had changed. I kept looking and looking and thinking I must have made a mistake - but sure enough, they lost their dark browness. I was rather bummed.

KT Grant said...

Bare Naked Ladies's music is in the movie Shrek. I heart Shrek.
I love to sleep also, but my body is so in tuned to wake up when the sun comes up, even on the weekends!!