Friday, February 22, 2008

Death Angel by Linda Howard

Linda Howard's next release, Death Angel comes out June 24th. She doesn't have a website and there is no picture of the cover as of yet, but if you are a big fan of Howard, like I am I know you will appreciate the synopsis:

"A striking beauty with a taste for diamonds and dangerous men, Drea Rousseau was once content to be arm candy for Rafael Salinas, a notorious crime lord. Seeing that a break with Rafael is coming, Drea makes a fateful decision and a desperate move to escape, stealing a mountain of cash from the malicious killer. Though Drea runs, Salinas knows she can't hide - and dispatches a cold-blooded assassin in hot pursuit. Left for dead, Drea miraculously returns to the realm of the living a changed woman. Both humbled and thrilled with this unexpected second chance, Drea embraces her new life. But in order to feel safe and sound, and stop nervously looking over her shoulder, she will need to take down those who marked her for death. Joining forces with the FBI, Drea finds herself working with the most dangerous man she's ever known, yet the closer they get to danger, the more intense their feelings for each other become, and the more Drea realizes that the cost of her new life may BE her life, as well as her heart."

I have been disappointed in her last few books (not counting her loopy Blair Mallory books).
So do we think this will be a hit or perhaps another miss? And if it is a miss, do I put Howard with Garwood and cry myself a river?

(isn't this kitty the cutest?) :)

Katiebabs

7 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I've got my fingers crossed that I will like this one. The last book of hers I read was Cover of Night and I just didn't really feel the romance in that one as some of her other books.

erika said...

I wonder if the romance will be a big focus or minor? I think I'll wait to read the online buzz about this book before I buy it.

Anonymous said...

Her older books are all keepers for me so I'm not ready to give up on her yet. The synopsis sounds good and I'm hopeful!

Anonymous said...

My absolute favorite book of hers is After the Night. Mmmmmm ...Grey Roulliard...mmmmmm. I agree that the romance in her last few books has been MIA. Hope she get it back soon, maybe with this one (crossing fingers).

Mollie said...

I actually liked that most recent...Up Close and Dangerous. It was a little better than the few before it. I HATED Cry No More (?) not sure if that's the exact title. And some of the others around that time. I liked Blair's books too. My favorites were Open Season, Mr.Perfect, Son of the Morning and Heart of Fire (not sure of that title either the one with Ben in the Amazon). Mmmmm. So lazy today usually I look up all the titles to make sure I"ve got everything correct. Meh.

Julia said...

Some of Linda's books have been disappointed for me too. But her older books, I really love them. I hope there be more focus on romance.

I still buy her books thought, never how many times I've been disappointed. Just that I don't buy it right away....

Julia said...

OOPsie...where I wrote "I hope there be more focus on romance"....I meant to finish sentences and say:

I hope there be more focus on romance on the new book "Death Angel"