Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nothing wrong with it at all!!!

For Lisabea and all the other fans of Higgins (of which I'm one too!)

These are pictures of our man Higgins from a mini-series he acted in - The Glass Virgin by Catherine Cookson. I've read quite a bit of Catherine Cookson in my day and this was always my favourite book of hers. I saw the mini-series many years ago. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be available to us here on this side of the pond in DVD format although it is available on VHS.

And yes - without giving too much away, he plays the love interest!











******** ETA*******




For all us Crusaders - check out the SB's.
They posted a list of all time top romance hero types and check out who made it to number 4!!!



















10 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

The SBs complained about the list, but damn if I couldn't find a single thing wrong with it. Pasty white guys are an English specialty. I go for them every time.

And young Higgins is DAMN foxy. That last picture reminds me of early George Clooney.

lisabea said...

Christ what is WRONG with me that I think he's hot. Well, at least I won't have to fight any of you for him....


And Kristie(J)~ I always said you were an absolute peach. :)

Anonymous said...

The Glass Virgin is on DVD in the U.S. It's available to rent on Netflix. And you can buy it on Amazon -- not separately but as part of a set of four Catherine Cookson movies. I just rented it a few weeks ago and loved it. Brendan as the hero was fun indeed.

Kristie (J) said...

Anonymous - LOL - I DID order it last night when I saw it on Amazon. It's been a while since I've watched a VHS tape - but I'm more than willing too again *wink*

Lisabea - nothing wrong at all - 'cause he is hot - not as much as John Thornton of course - but pretty decent.

Carrie *g* I think he's much finer than George Clooney - who never 'did' it for me. And not that he's not still attractive - but like you say - Very Foxy in his younger days wasn't he?

KT Grant said...

Richard... chest... smooth.... me want to lick...

lisabea said...

He is decent. From the moment he picks that reticule up...I was toast.

Unknown said...

Sweet!

Misty G said...

I think I saw the Glass Virgin a long time ago on PBS. I remember liking it too! Now I'll have to try and hunt it down too!

Misty G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dev said...

Oooh, Higgins!!! He was my second favorite man in N&S :-) I'll need to see if I can find The Glass Virgin.