Friday, October 13, 2006

She's got the look!

And now for the story behind the change. You all know there is one.I happened to mention briefly somewhere that I was wanting a change in the look of the blog and how much I loved the look of Dance Chica’s. Don’t get me wrong – I love the one I had – just loved it, but I still wanted something a little different. Mailyn sent me an email offering to help me. Isn’t she just wonderful? Well, as I read her email, I split in two as I often do. No really. I do! The regular me started having second thoughts but Krisite, my alter ego; the one who is much younger, taller, has long blond hair and runs to Runnin’ Down a Dream by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – even though she knows the 80’s are so over, the one all the guys are hot for, the one who can close windows damn it and doesn’t have to stand on a step stool, in fact – she probably looks a lot like the girl in the banner! Well luckily Krisite gets out often enough that she answered the email with a “Great! Let’s do for it!” I mentioned to Mailyn that I really liked the look of the lady with the hat and she set about looking for something similar. She sent me the picture I have now, only it was the full picture. As I looked at it, I laughed uproariously. I loved it, but the woman had a lot – and I mean a lot – of leg showing. I hemmed and I hawed about how to say that while I loved the top half of the picture, the bottom half made me a tad uncomfortable. Here is the email I sent her


Keep in mind I'm laughing like a loon when I type this. I like it!!!! - I really do. But let's see - how do I put this with out sounding too fuddy duddy - I mean - I'm reading All U Can Eat by Emma Holly - and liking it, and I've been know to watch a "blue" movie or two. I loved Passion by Lisa Valdez. And I've read Sarah McCarty (although I didn't really care for her - the writing itself though - not the content) - but (hah hah) there's a little too much butt for me. Would there be any way to put a skirt on her? It could be a short skirt - something light and frothy (good grief - I sound like one of those fanatical nut jobs who want to cover up the Venus de milo or the statue of David don't I?)

But - other than the too much naked thigh - it's wonderful - just the kind of thing I like!!


This is when Krisite and I collided. She couldn’t believe what a square dufus I was. “put a skirt on? What kind of a fruit cake are you?”

She just rolled her eyes and left in disgust. Fortunately Mailyn took pity on me and answered back and said not to worry and explained that it would just be the top half which showed. At that time she also offered to do a three column look. Now me – I have a hard enough time keeping up with two so I decided in order to keep my sanity to just stick with just the two.

So I left it with Mailyn as to when it would be ready, in the meantime kind of waving good bye at the end of the day to the old one – kind of like the way those in my generation waved goodbye to Lassie at the end of the show. How many of us used to say “Bye Lassie, Bye” with a fond farewell as Lassie lifted his paw to wave to us.

So I had no idea when the switchover would be made. I was doing some blog hopping late last night, all my nights are late these days, when I came back to mine and thought in a state of panic “OMG – what did I do???? It’s red!!” I thought somehow I had blended the blog I was just at with mine and was wondering how on earth I managed to do that and how would I ever apologize to the person who I warped with and how could I fix it when I didn’t know what I did wrong. See, although the body is up at that time of night it’s not always working in conjunction with the brain. Then the picture came up and I recognized it right away. Ah – Mailyn was up too.

So there you have it! The story behind the change.

‘til later

12 comments:

Angela James said...

Okay, so the post a comment thing? I couldn't see it until I highlighted it with my cursor. So there's something buggy in the template there :)

I love, love, love the new look!

And this line:

“OMG – what did I do???? It’s red!!” I thought somehow I had blended the blog I was just at with mine and was wondering how on earth I managed to do that and how would I ever apologize to the person who I warped with and how could I fix it when I didn’t know what I did wrong. had me nearly crying. So freaking funny!

C2 said...

Love the new look! :o)

Excellent work, as always, Mailyn!

~ames~ said...

Kristie, you're too much. LOL Exactly how much leg was showing?

erika said...

It's lovely!

Kristie (J) said...

Erika: Thank you. She did a fine job didn't she.

Ames: I still have it, but I have no idea how to put it on the blog to show you, maybe Mailyn knows how since I know nothing. But *g* it was a lot.

C2: Ditto

Angie: Thanks for noticing. I have no idea how to fix it - but then there is so much I don't know. And I'm telling you, I was so startled/scared when it started coming up red LOL.

dancechica said...

"there's a little too much butt for me. Would there be any way to put a skirt on her?"

LMAO!! Oh that line cracked me up!

I love the new look! It's very funky and cool! Mailyn always does such a great job. ;-)

Devon said...

Love the new look!

PS--Almost finished The Defiant Hero, and if Meg isn't the most annoying heroine ever, she definitely deserves a place in the hall of fame.

Kristie (J) said...

DC: It kind of cracked me up even as I typed it, yet at the same time I *um* *ah* kind of meant it.

Devonna: lol See! See what I mean???

Anonymous said...

love the new look! Very nice :) I too want to see just how much leg this chick was showing ;)

sybil said...

You need to post the full pic ;) or email me and I will cuz we know I have no issue with it.

heeee

LOVE the look. Makes me wanna get a new one.

Kyahgirl said...

that's a cute story, I'm glad you told it.

Anonymous said...

nice sexy lady in red. Good stuff from Mailyn.