Saturday, October 21, 2006

If it's not books - it's

Movies!

I don't have an extensive DVD collection - not nearly like the book one, but as I was going through them last night trying to pick out a couple to take to a friend's house to watch, it occurred to me that the ones I do have are very much like my books!!

I have My Historicals



My Medievals


My Western/Colonial



A nice sports contemporary


A real tear jerker


A couple of pirate adventure
(ok, ok - this one is on VHS.
And here is a mighty fine picture of Mel Gibson before we all realized what a pysho nut job he really is)


A couple of really sweet fairy tales


And this one which I'm not sure how to categorize. I'm thinking - paranormal!


Now this one just represents one of the six I have - yes 6. The original releases and then the extended versions when they came out.










So there you have it! My rather small but ALL romance oriented movie collection!

'til later

8 comments:

C2 said...

Kristie, Kristie, Kristie...no Princess Bride??? I'm disappointed in you! LOL

Mel did look better in The Bounty than he ever did, didn't he? Who knew the weirdness that lurked behind those blue eyes? ;-)

Suisan said...

Oh, goodie goodie goodie goodie!

You have the Scarlet Pimpernel Anthony Andrews edition. OMG. I luuuuuurve this movie. Oh. Oh. Oh. Oh. OH!!!!

His Percy totally demonstrates WHY Marguerite would fall in love with a dandy. And he's GREAT in the Pimpernel role.

Bestill my fluttering heart--all my favorite scenes are flashing through my mind. (Perhaps this is why I like Jack Sparrow so much--strong wimpiness?) I MUST go watch Scarlet Pimpernel again. Soon. Today.

Kristie (J) said...

Suisan: LOL - that's the one we decided to watch last night. I'd ordered it from Amazon a few weeks ago and hadn't watched it yet. I did see it years and years and years ago. I really liked it watching it again last night!! And yea - he is pretty sexy for a Fop isn't he!! The only issue I had with the movie was the dumb music playing in the background. But overall it turned into a pretty darned good purchase!! Did you ever see him in Ivanhoe? He was ever so delicious in that one too from what I remember.

Nath: Alas - yes that one lacking from my DVD collection. In fact, I think I've only ever seen it once. Horrible thing to have to admit too.

Kristie (J) said...

Me again on TSP - you know who was also really hot in that one? Armand!! And boy did Ian McLellan ever look young!! Not at all like Gandalf.

Anonymous said...

Kristie-As for Grey's Anatomy...I started watching w/ the season finale last season, so I can understand Izzie. It was a heartbreaking episode for sure.

I've never seen the Scarlet Pimpernel...I know, I'm hopeless. he-he

Now, I've got to do a blog on the few movies I have. Thanks for the topic! :)

dancechica said...

I LOVE Ever After! It's a great Cinderella tale.

Dev said...

I agree with Nath. You need to get The Princess Bride for your collection ~ just to hear Wesley say "As you wish". *sigh*

I haven't seen a lot of these. The few I've seen are:

A Knight's Tale
For Love of the Game (ps ~ I love this one and cry everytime I watch it)
Phantom of the Opera is great ~ I got my niece hooked on it and btw she owns it, I don't
Pirates of the Caribbean
and both of the fairy tales.

One movie that I had to buy was The Pirate Movie ~ a cheesy version of Pirates of Penzance. It stars Krsty McNichol and Christopher Atkins. I loved this movie when I was younger. I think most people probably think it's stupid, but it's a guilty pleasure :-)

Kookie said...

LOTR under the paranormal genre...cool! ;O)