Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A most excellent read!

I haven't been reading as much as I used to, but I'm very very lucky in that what I have been reading has been very very good. I just finished another most excellent book

True Blood by Patricia Waddell

I had just finished a great book and was looking in my very frighting TBR pile for something to read next when I saw Tara Marie give a good review of this one. To be honest it was her Zero Gravity Sex line that made me sit up and take notice as I'm sure it did others. Often it is switching from genre to genre that keeps things fresh for me and since I had just finished a great historical with an Egyptian setting, a futuristic sounded just the thing to keep me on a roll.

And keep me on a roll this one did. It seems as if it's the first book in a series and she got off to a great start with this one. I've read 3 or 4 of her historicals and while I enjoyed them, I think she works much better in a futuristic voice.
Cullen Gavriel is an enforcer for his home planet of Korcia. Danna MacFayden is a diplomat from Terran with a special talent of being able to "read" objects. They begin to work together when a True Blood Korcian is killed in an explosion that also killed everyone else on the space craft. They work together to try and find out what happened and avoid a planetary war and along the way discover they have growing and deepening feelings for each other.
Cullen mad a great hero. In his role as enforcer, he did anything to get the job done. He doesn't really want to work with Danna as it becomes clear that there is a deeper conspiracy at work and he is used to working alone; he is an alpha type hero - and a good one at that. But he realizes that it does make sense to use her talents. Danna also makes a very good heroine. She's smart, intelligent and doesn't let Cullen steam roll over her; she stands up to him.
This was a great read and I'm already looking forward to Ms. Waddells next entry. As well as Tara's most excellent review, there is also a good one at AAR.
And as for the Zero Gravity Sex Tara teased us with - ah yah!!!!

Grade: 4 1/2 out of 5

'til later

10 comments:

~ames~ said...

Yay, Kristie's a perv too! LOL That's why I picked this book up, the zero gravity sex. Glad you liked it. :P

Mailyn said...

OK, you have GOT to clue us in on the zero gravity sex! However did they manage?!

(O_o)

Kristie (J) said...

Mailyn: They managed Very Fine ;)! Floating around locked together. Holding on too parts of the room at other "important" moments. T'was a most interesting scene!

Rosie said...

Got this in my TBR and been saving it for when I'm in a futuristic mood. I'd like to say I bought it because I wanted to have a futuristic in my TBR, but it was TM's review and the zero gravity sex that did it. Hahahah!

Tara Marie said...

He, he, he, I figured Zero Gravity Sex would get a little attention, glad you liked it-LOL!!!

Rosario said...

I've just started this one. Haven't got to the Zero Gravity Sex scene, but I'm reading quickly just to get to it soon! ;-)

Mailyn said...

Damn now I HAVE to get this. I must read that scene!LOL

nath said...

I was hesitating as to whether to get it or not, but it seems that I will be :D

dancechica said...

I've been eyeing this one for a while and now you've got me interested. Glad you enjoyed it. :-)

ReneeW said...

OK, you win, you got my attention. I must find this one. Like now. I love futuristics and ZGS sounds very intriguing.