Thursday, October 19, 2006

Keeping my fingers crossed

I had the appointment at the agency today. (my putting it like almost makes me sound like a spy doesn't it?) I had a bit of a struggle trying to fill in what kind of work I wanted whether temporary/full time or full time or part time. I have a whole different mind set than I did a year ago. Then I wanted a full-time permanent job and was hoping the one I had would lead to it. Well - now I'm not so sure what I want. The ideal job now I think would be a medium to long-time, part time position. And it doesn't matter as much if I get full-time. A year ago money was pretty important (and I was making good money!) Now - it's not so important. I mean - I'm human - it still is but what is more important is knowing I'm making a contribution. That and talking to people on a regular basis.
After I called this morning and they asked if I could come in for an interview this afternoon, I made some phone calls to see if it was alright with the people I had in mind for references were amiable to giving them. One of the people I called was my former supervisor. It was a good call. She said she had been wanting to talk to me to see how I was doing but was almost afraid I didn't want to hear from any of them given the way things fell out. I assured her it wasn't the case at all. I've been very pragmatic about the whole thing and knew all along that if it was up to her they would have kept me on. Goodness knows I'm chock full of insecurities about so many things, but if I'm doing a good job, knowing that I am isn't one of them. She asked if I would want to go out with her and a couple of other people for lunch some time and I told her I would love to.
So - with references and resume in tow, I went for the interview. It turns out the councilor I was talking to already had a job in mind. And guess what? It's in the non-profit segment. I think that would be right up my alley! She will be submitting my resume and hopefully I'll here either tomorrow or the beginning of next week!
So - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and they decide that I'm the person for the job!

'til later

17 comments:

Mailyn said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! I will keep my fingers and feet and hands crossed but I'm sure you will get a great job that you will love. :-)

*hugs*

BTW did I tell ya? You have inspired me and this Saturday I am painting my room and building my bookshelves! LOL.

~ames~ said...

Hope you get the job Cindy!!

Kristie (J) said...

Ames: ROTFL - Cindy? *looking around* I thought I was Kristie - unless you confused me with Krisite -although we really don't look alike. In which case *looking around again* I'm still not Cindy *G*

Mailyn: Well I'm glad I inspired you!! Now we will be wanting pictures! Lots and lots of pictures. Before and after pictures. I can hardly wait to see them!!

Megan Frampton said...

oh, wow, that sounds awesome.

And a lunch date with your former co-workers, too, what a bonus!

nath said...

Oh, that's really good news Kristie! And so rapidly! I'm sure you're in a good position to get it, Go KRISTIE, go! :D

Mailyn - go, Mailyn, go! We want pics afterwards :D What color by the way are you going to paint?

Ames - LOL! oups right?

Mailyn said...

Do I have to include pictures of me covered with paint? Me with a nail through my thumb? Me falling of the ladder? Hmm. :-P

Damn I'm already tired and I haven't even started! LMAO.

I will post the piccies. I'm painting it burgundy but I swear it's not tacky! I saw it in one of those chic magazines for people that have way too much money and don't know how to spend it.


Hey, at least I can paint my room like the rich folk! LMFAO.

Dev said...

Good luck, Kristie! I hope you get the job!

Nicole said...

Hope you get the job!

ReneeW said...

Yay, Kristie! How exciting. I hope you get the job. Sounds perfect for you.

Rosie said...

Yippee! Things sound pretty good. I hope it all works out just like you want it to.

~ames~ said...

LOL Kristie-I keep doing that on Cindy's blog too! I usually catch myself before I hit publish though. Sorry!!

But still, I hope you get the call.

Kristie (J) said...

Ames: I used to work with a girl named Cindy. We were around the same age and although neither of us saw it, a few people thought we looked kind of alike so they were always calling us by each others names. So I really got a kick out of the fact that even in blogs, I'm getting confused with Cindy - although this time a different Cindy :)

Rosie, Renee, Devonna, Nicole, Nath: I hope I get it too. Although it will be difficult to change my hours. It's been ages since I had a *normal* day. I'm usually up much later now and sleep in longer in the am.

Mailyn: LOL - you don't have to have pictures of you (although that would be nice :)) You notice I never include myself in any of my pictures. And I NEVER will! Heh heh.

Megan: I was so thrilled when she suggested lunch because I really did get along with them and not only do I miss the job, but I miss the people too.

CindyS said...

Kristie - I'm so proud of you!! I hope that these people see the value in you and snap you up ;) I'm glad that you were able to talk with your former employer and friends from the last job. I hope they call for lunch!!

I think it's funny that Ames thinks I would get a job ;)

Mailyn - pictures, pictures, pictures!!!

Cindy

Tara Marie said...

Good news, hopefully it will work out and be exactly what your looking for.

Rosario said...

Kristie, that's wonderful news! You'll get it, I just know it! I'm sending my positive thoughts all the way to Canada ;-)

dancechica said...

That's awesome!

Good luck to you! ;-)

Jennie said...

My fingers are crossed for you, Kristie!