Thursday, February 08, 2007

Last Night's Lost - finally!

Well - my plan didn't work. I had to go somewhere after work and by the time I got home, the first part of the double bill Lost was on - see it was on at 7:00 here in Canada. Then I watched a bit of AI and then I had to finish my writing assignment so another night went by without me picking up a book.

But - on to the real post.

I liked the first part where they went over some of the characters. I liked that they showed The Kiss from the first season. I found it quite interesting their character study on all the survivors.

But then we got to the real show. Loved it!! Finally some questions answered about some of the Others. I found Juliets back story very good and very poignant. She is a much more complicated person than I thought she was. And she was just doing what she had to do to get free.
And I think the question was settled that these Others are really evil - as if we really didn't know. What they were doing to the boyfriend was horrifying! And I was confused with the young girl. I kind of thought she was Gabrielles daughter, yet Juliet called her Ben's daughter.
And Jack - was he a hero last night or what??? Although I'll always bee a Sawyer girl, I sure did sigh over the sacrifice Jack made. When he told Kate to promise not to come back for him, my heart went pitty pat.
Excellent episode I thought!

'til later

4 comments:

Tara Marie said...

I was so tired last night, my DH taped both shows for me.

Can you see me doing the Snoopy Dance?

Amazing!! Honestly I now understand why people buy whole seasons and watch one after the other. I can't wait for next week!!

I loved how the producers described the "Easter Eggs" little hidden treasures you have to pay close attention to find, some mean things and some don't.

So does this mean Ben and Gabriella have been on the island for at least 16+ years. I can't wait to see more of Juliette's backstory to watch her go from timid researcher she was to the tough chick she's now.

CindyS said...

I really loved this episode. Watching how Juliet was recruited was definitely an eye opener. You wonder if she joined the group because she felt she had no choice and then discovering that Ben said he would let her leave? Wow. Course, I don't believe for a second that Ben will let Juliet leave.

I think Gabriella is the French woman's daughter but seeing as how she was taken I think G is being told that Ben is her father. It would definitely be a weird twist if he really was her father!

Tara Marie - the French woman has been on the island for 16 years so I know Gabriella has been on the island for that long - I wonder if she has ever been to the outside world.

Oh!! The boyfriend was being brainwashed. At least, I think that's what that room was about.

As much as I love the 'bad boy' my heart is with Jack. Flawed, pained Jack ;)

There was something that Jack asked Tom and Tom started to say something like 'well, after the sky turned purple...'. Now I'm wondering what he was going to say! And I'm glad that Danny guy is dead!

CindyS

Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

Oh no, my eyes! My eyes!

We haven't gotten as far yet over here in Ireland, it sounds like a great episode. I'm a big Sawyer fan

Jenster said...

It's Saturday night and we JUST got to watch it!

Yes, Alex is definitely the French Woman's daughter.

I want Jack to go back to the main island and I can't wait to see what's going on over there.

Yeah! Another 15 weeks of new Losts!