Friday, December 21, 2007

Well - now that I have that out of my system

And I'm taking a break from emptying cupboards and shelves - 4 down, only 9 more to go *sigh* not only did I get my Christmas shopping done, I did a bit online for myself. At Chapters. For books.


Here's what I pre-ordered
Strangers in Death by JD Robb.
How sweet is it that we get another In Death book so soon after Creation!! Which by the way I still need to post my thoughts on - so much to do, so little time.
Hot by Julia Harper
For those who don't know, she is also known as Elizabeth Hoyt. I adored the Prince books and ever since I saw this one was coming out in Dallas, I've been anxiously waiting for it. It's RS - a genre I also like very much. I'm looking forward to seeing how she does writing in a different genre
Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas
Now - I have to confess I haven't read Sugar Daddy yet. I shall have to now. I'm looking forward to reading Sugar Daddy!


Now the funny thing is I got a notice from Chapters the other day apologizing to me for not being able to have to books to me before Dec. 25. Quite a difference from the hassels I've had with Harleqin let me tell you!
The funny thing was I didn't remember ordering them. I did, I know I did but with everything going on, it slipped my mind. So besides the above to look forward to, I also have these two:
The Vanishing Viscountess by Diane Gaston
The regular Kristie ordered this one because I've read a number of her books before and enjoyed them. The shallow, hypocritical Kristie ordered it because of the cover
Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh
I'm still thanking those at DA for their fun promotion of her first book. I've read them all now and really liked them. It's a fascinating world Ms. Singh has created. Besides that when I met her, she is such a nice person, I'd get her books anyway :)
And now after this brief intermission - back to packing (blech!) And I still have so much to do here!! More reviews, Katie and I have another Duo Review planned - I just have to my part. Sigh

4 comments:

ReneeW said...

I badly need Mine to Possess. And I also need Creation in Death, Strangers in Death and Blue-eyed Devil but those are HB so I'll have to put them on hold at the library. I wish my family would buy me books for Christmas but they never do. Sugar Daddy was very good. It's written in first person but I really liked the heroine.

KT Grant said...

Mine to Possess is an amazing read. The ARC fairy was very nice to me and let me tell you, it will be a top read for 2008. It is my second favorite of Singh's series, right behind Slave to Sensation. Clay is an amazing hero and his and Talin's story is so emotional and very very sexy.
Duel review Kristie? *G*

~ames~ said...

Kristie-I ordered 12 books from Chapters for my cousin, and I'm kind of freaked out because they haven't charged me yet. Otherwise I'd be ordering books too! LOL It's been 2 weeks and no charge to my credit card for TWELVE books. WTF? Why couldn't I have that kind of luck for books for myself? haha

Hope the packing is going quickly and painlessly. HUGS

Kristie (J) said...

Ames: But ah! Have you ordered a certain British series from them? See this is an important question! And sadly - the packing is neither quick or painless. It's going slow and painful - and I mean that in the physical sense! My kitched is total disaster at the moment with boxes and cartons all over the place! I have all the cupboards but one emptied and I've stubbed my toe a number of times now.

Katie - sounds like a plan once I read it. I still have to get the other one done too!! I've started it - I can say that.

Renee: My family doesn't buy me books either! I think they think I have enough already - but one can never have enough!