Saturday, December 01, 2007

Great North and South Contest!

By now most of you are fans of the movie North and South. But some of you may have just come on board and have been wondering- what is it about this movie that has made most grown-up women go gaga? I am not going to lie, but the main reason I love this movie is the wonderful actor Richard Armitage and his portrayal of John. The smoldering passion and love he has for Margaret, is the stuff true romance is made of.
We want as many people as we can to know to get the word out about how great North and South is. And that means a contest!
We are giving away 3 books of North and South. This makes total sense seeing as if the movie is so good, we should read the book! In order to win a copy, all you have to do is watch the movie and post your review, thoughts about the movie, or lustful dreams over John on your blog or another review website and just email us to where we can see it. 3 bloggers or reviewers will win a North and South book.

BUT that is not all! We also have a DVD copy of North and South to give away. Now to win this prize it will be a little more difficult. I was wondering about John and Margaret after they got on that train and rode off into the sunset, so to speak. All you have to do is write your own epilogue of John and Margaret after the last scene in the movie. It can be funny, subtle just like the movie, or some erotic and passionate love making between the two that will make our eyes pop out. This is where you will have you creative juices flowing. And if I am brave enough, I will post my own personal epilogue in the coming weeks. (It may be a bit scary but I will try my best)
The deadline for both of these contest is Thursday, January 31st. The three judges will be Me-Kate, Kristie and Sula. You can send your entries to:
Kristie (J): Jenner2@rogers.com
And of course if you have any questions, please just post here and we will answer. Now off to write my smutty love scene with John, Margaret and his cravat ;)

5 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

I love how you have a tag for "train scene." You could do a whole bunch like "riot scene," "I've seen Hell scene," "anxious fist-to-mouth as he realizes she's now an orphan and going to return to London scene," and "goodbye scene"--otherwise known as the part where I die just a little bit every time he growls, "Look back at me."

I've read the book online, but I'd love a copy of my own. Don't need the video, tho. Here are the reviews and postings (all of them) I've written on my blog: parts of the book, Darcy vs. Thornton, movie review, talking about RA in the new "Robin Hood" series, and how German RA fans loved that post. Then of course I put him top of my list of "Thirteen Guys Sexier Than Matt Damon."

No, I'm not obsessing at all...

Dev said...

Less than a week and I'll have my copy of North and South from the library. I am really looking forward to seeing it.

Devon said...

I'm still patiently awaiting my copy.

Kristie (J) said...

Carrie: thanks!!
We will be doing follow-ups and listing all the people who are already in the Crusade or have joined, with all links included. And now you are in the draw for one of the three books *g*
And welcome to the Crusade. It's nice to know there are others out there that are so done in by this series. We're hoping there will be many, many more!

Dev & Devon: I can hardly wait to see what you think of it!! if you too will be a puddle on the floor by the final scene - and *gr* if you're tempted to write a final (final) scene.

Devon said...

Got something up. I think I rambled a bit.