Thursday, December 27, 2007

Recent Read

I have a number of reviews upcoming including another duo review with Katie. Luckily I've been reading lately. So here is the first of a number of my recent reads

Satisfaction by Marianne Stillings

Type: Romantic Suspense

Heat Level: Very nice and made me happy

Amazon Blurb: Hotshot private eye Ethan Darling regularly risks his life to collar dangerous criminals, but he’s pretty sure his latest assignment will be as easy as apple pie. He’s the new bodyguard for Gerogiana Mundy, culinary queen and host of her own top-rated TV show. But while protecting the delicious diva from a man in her past, he’s surprised to find that it’s not just her delectable desserts that are making his mouth water.
It’s getting harder and harder for Ethan to keep his mind off the brunette bombshell and on his job. Soon he and Georgie are creating some incredible heat – both in and out of the kitchen. But if Ethan can’t hunt down the dangerous enemy out to destroy her, he and his new love are going to get burned.

Why This One: Earlier this year I read and loved Arousing Suspicions by Marianne Stillings. I said at the time that I saw great potential for this author in her first book even though it didn’t work for me and that she reached that potential in Arousing Suspicions. I’m very happy to report that Satisfaction also met very much with my approval.

My Thoughts: This book is a real delight! I loved both the main characters. Ethan is the troubled brother of Nate from Arousing Suspicions. For those who read it, Ethan was quite reticent in that book and in this one we find he has very good reason to be the way he is. He suffered a great loss in his past and is still dealing with it. He’s a wonderful hero and one who is very easy to fall for. He’s a hero just waiting to be loved and Georgie is just the heroine to love him.
For a while Georgie is rather resentful that her boss hired Ethan to be her bodyguard and find out what is going wrong. Georgie has some trust issues to overcome before she can let her guard down and finally trust Ethan with her own secrets.
She is a wonderful heroine. At first she comes across as almost too good to be true, but we gradually see past her perfect exterior and find a heroine very loyal to those she loves.
This book also holds some wonderfully funny parts too. I found myself chuckling out loud during a visit to a winery house party. This book gets a hearty thumbs up from me!
If you enjoy Susan Andersen, Rachel Gibson and that type, this should also be one you enjoy.

Grade: 4.5 out of 5

'til later

4 comments:

ReneeW said...

You and I both agreed on Arousing Suspicions so I'm guessing this one will meet with my approval too. Putting it on my list.

Dev said...

I'll be reading this one. I've heard good things about MS. Hmm....I've got a B&N gift card that I need to spend.......

nath said...

Merry Christmas Kristie!!

i,ve seen this one, but I'm not sure if I should buy it or not... first, I didn't enjoy Arousing Suspicions as much as you did and two, the cover!!! ugh.

Kristie (J) said...

Nath: it may not be the book for you then since it's very much like Arousing Suspicions. And yeah - the cover isn't the greatest is it?

Dev: Like I said, while her first book didn't work for me - still it showed very good potential and I've loved this one and her previous one.

Renee: We have such similar tastes don't we? I think you'll like this one too if you liked AS.