Saturday, March 18, 2006

Answers to great question

Cindy’s been asking some great question so here are my answers to part 1

Name your all-time favourite male character.
Cindy – are you hearing me here – cause I know you have this one? That would be Derek Craven from Dreaming of You. He’s very complex. He came from nothing yet made himself into one of the most powerful men in the country. Yet in his heart of hearts he doesn’t feel worthy of Sara, a seeminly average young woman from the country. He’s not that nobel – or so it seems. He hides his generosty from everyone, yet champions those who need it the most

What is your favourite setting? Historical / Contemporary or otherwise. Why? What draws you in?
I don’t really have one. I read all settings and when I think – well maybe I prefer one – then I remember a book from another one I like just as much. I know I would love to see more that take place in early Colonial times. At the moment I’m reading The Rogue’s Return and the chief draw was the first part takes place in Upper Canada in the 1800’s

Who's your favourite heroine of all time? Same rules apply as above. What makes them special or a stand out to you.
Cindy – are you hearing me here ‘cause I know you have this one? Jessie Corbett from Whispers of Heaven by Candice Proctor. She has the strength to turn her back on everything she knows for the man she loves who is all wrong for her.

What is your favourite genre? Have you analyzed why it is your favourite? Do you care?
Well – the answers to this one are pretty much the same to question 2

What genre do you dislike the most? What is it that grates?
That would be vampire romance. I did a blog about them quite some time ago and basically it icks me out because these people are – well – dead. And the thought of drinking blood to remain “alive” makes me squeamish

If you have ever read books from the genre you don't like is there at least one book from that genre that you could recommend?
I’m glad you asked this question because yes there is one I would recommend. Lover Eternal by JR Ward was really quite good and I plan on reading the rest of the series

2 comments:

CindyS said...

I'm sorry, who is this Derek Craven man you speak of ;)

I didn't know about Whispers of Heaven!! I was over at ag's and jmc and I am finding tons of books I need to read. I have been answering some of the questions and they have turned into epic novels so I'm not sure how I am going to answer. Be prepared with pen and paper to take copious notes!

CindyS

Kristie (J) said...

I thought a certain someone was sending you a copy of WOH *grin*. Maybe I'm thinking it was someone else. But it is a very very good book! Although the certain someone has a different Procotor favourite (which is also very very good!)