Saturday, February 25, 2006

They just couldn't resist



Those wild and wacky cover clowns at Avon strike again.

I didn't notice this dreadful, horrible, awful inside cover until I picked the book up to read it.

Shirtless men in capes in the dead of winter - stupid, stupid, stupid.
Rich women with bare feet in the dead of winter - stupid, stupid, stupid.
And could heroes hair get any greasier?

I know Sybil thinks I pick on Avon too much *grin* - but seriously - can you blame me?


'til later

7 comments:

Gabrielle said...

OMG, that's just terrible!

Nicole said...

Yikes, that's nasty!

Kristie (J) said...

Yep! And that's Lisa Kleypas' Devil in Winter. If they give one of their premier writers crap like that is it no wonder poor Margot Maguire got the hideous cover she did. And I swear that someone somewhere at Avon laughs at us romance readers.

romancelover said...

The only thing bad about the book is this...Kristie, Lisa does not disappoint. She's incredible!!!

sybil said...

LOL I thought of you when I saw that. It is terrible isn't it.

But hey it is the worst thing about the book, sez I ;)

Tara Marie said...

I just left a comment in my own comments about the very same thing, what the heck is wrong with them [Avon]. At least it's not on the outside covers.

Kate Diamond said...

I agree--it would be worse if it were on the outside. Still, I have to wonder why all these proper English misses look like they've just been ravished by pirates in the midst of a tropical heat wave.

Does the art department assume that we all get turned on by man nipple? Because really, I've yet to see a hero depicted with a buttoned up shirt.