Thursday, November 06, 2008

Tempt The Devil by Anna Campbell **COVER**

The cover for Anna Campbell's Avon January release, Tempt the Devil has been posted:


Synopsis:
"For Olivia Raines, London's most notorious courtesan, and the infamous Julian Southwood, Earl of Erith falling in love will be the greatest risk of all in this wicked and wild romance from Anna Campbell.
Any man in London would worship her. Yet Olivia is, quite frankly, bored of them all. Despite her many dalliances, she's never felt true passion, never longed for any lover's touch . . . until Julian, London's most notoriously wanton rake, decides to make her his mistress.
From the moment he first sees her, Julian knows he must possess her. And when he discovers her greatest secret, a scandal that could ruin her reputation and end her career, he knows just the way to use this damaging information to his most delightful advantage. He offers Olivia a deal with the devil: he'll keep her secret . . . if she allows him the chance to show her true ecstasy.

But Olivia must be careful, for Julian has a secret of his own: he will not rest until she is completely, shamelessly his."

Interested in an excerpt?

The synopsis really makes me want to get this one!

But I have to admit, the cover does nothing for me. Also he looks very familar. Which romance cover male model is he? Will this be a new trend in romance covers just to show a face with a sexy smoldering look on it? I hope not!

Katiebabs (KB)

4 comments:

Kati said...

Isn't that Nathan Kamp?

I'm a HUGE fan of Anna's. I think she's brilliant. I can't wait for this one.

But I agree, I don't love the cover. It kind of reminds me of If His Kiss Is Wicked by Jo Goodman.

AnimeJune said...

He looks like a slightly poutier and sleepier version of Prince Humperdinck from "The Princess Bride" - but I do recognize him from Julia Quinn's "The Lost Duke of Wyndham."

I'll be honest, though, and say the synopsis bores the crap out of me. Society's sexiest ho falls for Society's sexiest rake? Who would have thought? I'd actually be more interested if society's most notorious courtesan ended up falling for a complete virginal dweeb. That would be funny!

Although I haven't read Campbell's Claiming the Courtesan (and never, ever will) - I do want to read "Untouched."

Anonymous said...

Nathan Kamp and book covers... ->
http://ravensanctuary.blogspot.com/

Brie said...

It's almost identical to If His Kiss is Wicked. Same model and almost same pose.

I've only read Untouched by Anna Campbell, I might give this one a go. I do prefer the covers of her first two books to this one, though. I loved how haunting and romantic they were.