Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blogger Spotlight

I mentioned a couple of posts back how I enjoy finding new reader blogs. When I first started almost 3 1/2 years ago, there weren't nearly as many as today. And sadly, some of those blogging when I started just aren't anymore - and I miss them.

But, while new bloggers don't replace them, I do so love finding new romance blogs. Here are some I've discovered lately. They are either new bloggers or new to me bloggers. Hopefully I don't forget any. I bookmark them and then when I remember, add them to the sidebar since I don't use a feed - I do it the old fashioned way. So if I do miss you this post - hopefully I'll catch you next time.

Cindy W of Cindy Reads Romance. I get the feeling she's really looking forward to the new Twilight movie *g*.

Alice from A Book Lover. And she does love her books. (She's with me on To Taste Temptation)

LorieLong from Everyone Needs a Spare - And she's also a Crusader!!

Anna from Anna's Book Blog - a True Blood/Stephanie Meyer fan too.

Amy from Amy's Corner of the World. She needs help with what to read next. That will make 3 Amy's when I add her blog!

Leslie from Leslie's Psyche - and didn't she just review a good book!!

And I don't think I've mentioned Naida from The Bookworm. She reads romance - plus a lot more besides!

AnimeJune of Gossamer Obsession - A brand new one I just found today

Hello to you all and I'm glad I found you!!

13 comments:

LorelieLong said...

Hey darlin', how sweet of you to mention me! I know it causes confusion, 'cause my blogger account is LorelieLong, but I'm also known as Lorelie Brown, my writing name. :D I live to be difficult. Just fyi, if you see me elsewhere under that name and go "who is this woman chatting at me?"

And yes, I am a crusader. I have much, much love for Thornton. I could totally spank Margaret down and steal him away.

Anna said...

Hey guys, Thanks for mentioning my blog. That was very cool. :)

Carolyn Crane said...

I love when you do this! I love finding new blogs, too!

Leslie said...

Thanks for the mention. That was so sweet. : )

I'm new to blogging so I'm still learning my way around but having fun doing it.

Stacy~ said...

How cool, Kristie. I love finding new blogs to visit (and still continue to visit favorites i.e. Ramblings on Romance, etc, etc) so I appreciate you bringing these new ones to my attention. I'll definitely be checking them out :)

When will I find time to read? I have no idea!

Kristie (J) said...

Lorelielong: There can never be enough reader blogs for me and I'm so happy to let everyone else know. And I'm with you on the spank down - except well - I do like Margaret. And she does seem to appreciate him enough by the end - judging by that final scene *sigh*

Anna: You are most welcome! Now I have to update the sidebar again. That something I like to do - but don't do it enough

CJ: I think part of it is knowing there are more and more of us feeling the insanity that is the love of romance books *g*

Leslie: I had no idea when I first started just how much fun it is meeting and getting to know fellow romance lovers. I love sites such as AAR but there's something more intimate about blogs that lets us get to know each other better!

Stacy: I KNOW!! I spend just as much time reading about romance on blogs as I do on reading books :-) For example - this used to be reading time - now it's blogging time.

LorelieLong said...

I don't *dis*like Margaret. . . I just know I'm more awesome-filled! lol

Kristie (J) said...

And let's face it - we appreciated John from the very moment he stood on the steps of the mill looking down didn't we???

Amy said...

I feel like I won something! Thank you for mentioning me, Kristie! I'm slowly becoming addicted to my own blogging thing - thanks to Super Librarian - but I'm definitely a HUGE fan of following the blogs.

~ames~ said...

I love when you do posts like this. It's always good to find new book lovers. :P

Kristie (J) said...

Amy: Your welcome!! I still remember how thrilled I was when I was first "introduced" by Maili - one of the bloggers who has since disappeared :-( I still get a thrill when I see someone mentioning me - so I like to do it for new bloggers I find too

Ames: It is always nice to find new romance lovers isn't it?

AnimeJune said...

Wow! Thanks a lot for the shout out! While I review every romance I read, I never thought people would totally interested in my site because I can't keep up with every new romance that comes out (low monies). I review books from the library, books from the used bookstore, and yes, a couple of new books when I do have spare cash.

I basically love reading romance because it puts a good spin on having to read a terrrrible romance - it's really, REALLY fun to write a hilarious negative review.

Kristie (J) said...

AnimeJune: I love the setup of your reviews!! It's really different.