Thursday, September 04, 2008

Guess That Book

It's me - Clue #3

He invites her to stay with him on his property while she does research for her latest book.



~~*******UPDATE*******~~

I just checked me email and this is what I saw

Dear Kristie,
I don't know if it's allowed to enter via email but my internet refuses to cooperate and let me post a comment directly. I think it's all the hurricanes over my head, LOL!
So if I can submit through here: In the midnight rain by Ruth Wind. One of my keepers! I just feel like that's it.
Arielle, crossing fingers (and toes and eyes)

And guess what?



Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!! Arielle got it right!!
It is indeed In The Midnight Rain by Ruth Wind

Looking For The Past...

Ellie Connor is a biographer with a special talent for piecing together fragments of the past.Her latest project, though, promises to be her most challenging--and personal.Not only is she researching the life of a blues singer who disappeared mysteriously forty years ago, but Ellie is also trying to find the truth about the parents she never knew.The love child of a restless woman who died young and an anonymous father, Ellie has little to go on but a faded postcard her mother sent from a small East Texas town--the hometown of her latest subject.

Could Mean Finding Her Future

It is there that Ellie meets Blue Reynard, a man with deep roots and wide connections who may help her find answers.With a piercing gaze and cool grin, Blue is as sultry and seductive as the Southern night air.Beneath his charming surface, however, lies a soul damaged by loss.Despite her better judgment, Ellie finds herself irresistibly drawn to Blue’s passion--and his pain.But Ellie’s been lured by sweet talk and hot kisses before.How can she possibly stay with blue when every instinct tells her to run?

This is
also one of my all time favourite romances and most definitely a keeper. If you haven't read, I HIGHLY recommend it!

And just 'cause I already thought them up, here are the rest of the clues.

  • She is visiting his town to write a biography on a blues singer that was last heard from in over 40 years ago.
  • He falls for the heroine but is afraid because of what he's already lost
  • The author also writes for Harlequin and still writes single title books but under a different name.
  • She wrote some excellent historicals in the 90's under the name Barbara Samuel

If we got to the last clue I figured someone would have guessed for sure *g*

Congratulations Arielle. Email me with your address.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Is it All Night Long by Michele Albert?

I am generally a lurker, but couldn't resist. I love Jane Graves and Michele Albert is one of my favorites.

Robin F.

Kristie (J) said...

Robin: Welcome! I love both Michele Albert and Jane Graves too and for that reason I wish I could say that's the book - but *sigh* it's not.
But keep pondering and maybe you will guess the right book
And glad you came out of lurkdom.

Unknown said...

Oh well, I will have to keep thinking.

Thanks,

Robin F

Stacy~ said...

Morning :)

Could it be "Fallen" by Erin McCarthy?

Kristie (J) said...

Stacy: Alas, that's not it.

meljean brook said...

Melanie Jackson's DIVINE FIRE?

Kristie (J) said...

Meljean: Sadly I can only say good guess but that's not it.

azteclady said...

Good going, Arielle! Thank you, kristie.

nath said...

Congrats Arielle!! Never heard of this book... hmm, going to have to take a look :)