Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes and Love

Lorelie Long had a wonderful contest last week at her blog: Everyone Needs A Spare. The contest was to try your hand at writing a short story under 400 words about:

"A girl tell a guy what she wants. Sexy, zany, crazy, whatever. I wanna see her pipe up and ask for her heart's desire."

The prize was a $50 Amazon gift certificate. I was very interested in trying my hand at this, so I start typing away and came up with this:

Lacey slowly came awake as the sunshine hit the windowpane through the shade. It was Sunday and she was craving blueberry pancakes. Greg, her husband of five years was still sound asleep as he was spooned up against her back. She would have snuggled back against him and slept a bit more but her stomach was growling.

She wanted those pancakes and there was only one man who made them the way she liked them. Greg.

Lacey turned to her side to look at Greg. She kissed him softly on the lips and he groaned. His arms came around her and his face fell to the side of her neck. Lacey leaned her head into his ear.

"Honey, wake up. Make me some pancakes."

Greg groaned again. "Um… too tired. You get up and make them." He whispered as he rubbed his nose against Lacey's neck, which tickled. Lacey gotten up herself to make breakfast, but she had a planned and was sticking to it. She continued to lie there for a moment thinking how she could get Greg up and out of bed and into the kitchen.

Then it came to her.

Ever so slowly, Lacey reached her hands under the cover and rubbed her fingertips across Greg's boxer covered groin. He quickly became hard. And then that was when Lacey attacked. She quickly put her head under the covers and replaced her hand with her mouth as her tongue shot through the small slit of his boxers. Greg's eyes popped open.

He was now awake….

Almost two hours later, Lacey was dozing in bed, so very relaxed and naked. As she rolled to her side to face the open bedroom door, Greg came in with a tray. On the tray were his signature blueberry pancakes that Lacey loved so well. There was also two glasses of orange juice. Greg came over and placed the tray on the bedside table and sat on the bed.

He reached over to the woman he loved more than his own life and said. "I think I am going to make my pancakes every Sunday from now on." he chuckled and gave Lacey a deep kiss.

Greg thought about his own form of persuasion. In his hands was a bottle of maple syrup and it wasn't just going to be used for pancakes.

Unfortunately I didn't win, but at least I felt I accomplished something for myself :)
Now I just need a title for my mini-masterpiece. Any suggestions?

Katiebabs (KB)

7 comments:

Christine said...

Awesome, Kate!!! Very sweet.

My only suggestion would be to make sure he makes the coffee, too! And picks a few flowers from the backyard for the tray.... but other than that, he sounds like a catch! ;p

Shaymless Aymless said...

I like it! Hmmm... title. How about:
Breakfast in Bed

little alys said...

It was super cute! I love it! A man willing to cook (granted, with persuasion, but isn't that normal?^_~)...
Christine~ He does sound like a good catch...if only read *sigh*.
Amy~ Or Sunday Pancakes? Hehehe.

KT Grant said...

How about Pancakes are Coming?
LMFAO!!

Tracy said...

That was great. Sorry you didn't win!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww, that's so sweet. I loved it!

Rowena said...

Awww that was cute Katiebabs, it sucks you didn't win though! =)