Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Take a Lookie at the Lovely Covers!

Who's in the mood to take a gander at some upcoming covers?

Kiss of a Demon King (The Immortals After Dark, Book 6)- Kresley Cole (Pocket, January 2009). A big thanks to Meljean for giving me the 411 about this awesome cover, which is such a vast improvement over the wierd cartoonish, man tittty covers that the Immortals After Dark series have been given. And don't even get me started on the titles that I can't ever remember! Dark Desires on a blah, blah. I can definitely remember this title for sure. :D And I had to share my happiness with Ana at The Book Smugglers who I decided to tag team on this. I have the urge to lick his dragon tattoo (or his horns?). Is it just me?
Synposis: His obsession: the enchantress who surrenders her body, but not her heart.
After Sabine, the Queen of Illusions, lures and traps Rydstrom Woede in her lair, the ruthless warrior fights to resist her seduction. But his fierce demon nature lusts for her delicate body and won’t be denied. Even as Rydstrom plots to escape, he still intends to claim Sabine as his own—on his terms.
Her downfall: the battle-scarred demon who vows to keep her at all costs.
When Rydstrom breaks free, her abducts Sabine, turning the tables. Now she’s the one struggling to resist his delicious torment. With each relentless encounter, Sabine hungers more for her merciless adversary.
They were never supposed to want each other this much. . . .If they can defeat the sinister enemy that stands between them, will Sabine make the ultimate sacrifice to save her demon? Or will the proud king lay down his crown and arms to keep his sorceress?
(Thanks for the synopsis Ana!)

Night Huntress (Sisters of the Moon, Book 5)- Yasmine Galenorn (Berkley, January 2009). *Blush* I haven't read this series, but this cover really catches my eye. I like her big knife and her face says "Don't mess with me biotches!"


The Demon King and I- Candace Havens (Berkley, November 2008) I so look like that when I pose with my sword. Love the dress!
Synposis: The Caruthers sisters are heiresses with privilege, wealth, beauty, and brains. But these party girls have something extra. As the Guardian Keys, possessors of an ancient family secret, they hold the fate of the world in their hands. Gillian, the eldest, is a sensation in the art world— this world, that is. In her other world she’s the Assassin, a knockout who snuffs out dimension-jumpers who foul up her personal space. She never expected to join forces with one. But when a plague of murderous demons plunges the earth in darkness, she has no choice but to get a little help from a being who knows his stuff.

I am seeing a theme here. Can you guess what?
Does anyone have some up and coming covers that you can recommend, or perhaps a cover that makes you want to stay away?

Katiebabs (KB)

11 comments:

Ana said...

The new KC cover is so so soooooooo much better, it is my favorite so far. Now. what about what's inside? I do hope it's better than the previous one. The Summary sounds really good though.

I like the other covers too, although I havent read any of these writers before.

KT Grant said...

I have the feeling that this latest by Cole, maybe the hottest one out of them all. There better be some major horn licking here!

Kerry said...

Love them all, but especially the KC one. Oooooohhhhhhh.

Kristie (J) said...

Oooooooh - I really like the Kresley Cole cover!!

nath said...

I really like the cover for the new KC. I'm glad that they finally start changing them a bit!!

Kati said...

There's gonna be horn licking, I'm SURE of it! Woo-woo! I can't wait.

The cover is GORGEOUS!

Oh! Have you seen the cover for Larissa Ione's next Demonica book? It's yummy! As is the cover for the new Lara Adrian - Veil of Midnight, I think it's called.

Tracy said...

Love the covers! Although I never minded the other covers of the KC books this is definitely my favorite. I can't wait to read it!

I really like the dress on the Havens book but it kind of looks like she's put her hip out of joint! lol

azteclady said...

Oh I know I know! Pointy objects!

*grin*




no?

*sad*

Anonymous said...

I agree with you all on the KC cover, but you know what I like best about it? The TITLE! I can remember this one!

I'm going to be very interested in this book, actually, not just because I really enjoyed the previous ones, but since I've been thinking lately about the issue of rape in romance, and it occurred to me that this one featured an unusual scenario in that the woman forces (I think?) the man.

HIlcia said...

Holy, Holy.... that does NOT look like a KC Immortal series cover. It's about time. I almost didn't pick up these books because the cheezy covers were such a turn off. What a loss that would have been! Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Well, I gots to be honest with the first impresshuns and the KC cover just ain't really doin' it for me. The cartoonish ones weren't really either, but then the series had begun to drift toward the man-lay covers a couple installments back, right? This ones grey color is downright boring. It sends him right into ambiguous, blah territory for me, but at least it does make that pretty blue author name and title leap right off. I honestly don't even really see the guy. He's inconsequential backdrop. I like the last two installment covers best so far.

Galenorn's cover is very nice - gives the eye a chance to enjoy everything on it and the colors and figure are striking. A+ for that one.

On the Havens cover, the only really striking things are those boobs. And I'm slightly impressed with her bendy skills in the torso/hip region. Clearly her flexibility is a magical skill, what with all the sparklies sitting on her ass. OK, actually that's just straight-up envy talking. Who wouldn't want magical superpowers that blew up their boobs and enabled them to crack their spine long enough to pose like that?

I didn't look at the other comments yet, but my guess is the theme be all their pretty knives/swords.