Wednesday, September 12, 2007

And we have another winner!!!

Dani!!!! You are the winner of this weeks Guess That Book!!!

Yes indeed, the book in question is Lady of Desire by Gaelen Foley

I know some people kind of don't like Jacinda. I didn't either when I first started reading, but she really grew up and matured through out the book. And Billy Blade *sigh* what a wonderful hero he is. He's right up there in Derek Craven territory for me!! And you have to know that's saying quite a bit.
When I thought up this book, I hadn't read it for a while, so now I'm doing a reread.

The rest of the clues:

He's much more that what we think at first

This is the middle book of a series

She starts out as TSTL but grows and matures because of love

He is the leader of a gang of thieves but gives it up for love

This one is a(n) historical

So - congratulations Dani - and welcome to my ramblings! If you want to email me (email in profile) with your address, I'll get Night Life by Elizabeth Guest (and Nathan Kamp on the cover) sent out lickity split.

5 comments:

nath said...

Congrats to Dani!

I haven't read this book, so I had no idea LOL :P when's the next one, Kristie? This is fun LOL :P

Kristie (J) said...

Nath: I thought I'd do one a week starting on Mondays until I run out of books. I have about 8 or 9. If by any chance no one guesses the first one by the next Monday - well I'll probably have two going. But I think if it goes that long, Saturday and Sunday's clues would be pretty obvious. :)
I figured I'd go through books I've given 5 out of 5 grades to. They could be well known books or rather obscure and from any genre. They will of cours *g* all be romance.

As for Gaelen Foley - she's up and down with me. Most people seem to love the first one in the series, The Duke, but I was just meh on it. Then I loved the second one, Lord of Fire, hated the third, Lord of Ice, really loved Lady of Desire, liked Devil Takes a Bride and One Night of Sin. His Wicked Kiss was a DNF.
I also quite enjoyed her previous trilogy. So - she is an author I mostly like.

Anonymous said...

thanks nath and kristie!!! okay have to confess, i am actually in the midst of finishing up lady of desire so when i saw the contest it almost seemed fateful??, if that is even a word :) it is my first gaelen book and i am enjoying it very much, but i really am getting tired of investing in all these series books. have a great day everyone! and you rock kristie! Dani

Kristie (J) said...

LOL - Dani: That's funny you should be reading this one right now. It does seem like fate that you should win doesn't it? And don't you just adore Billy? He's what made this book a 5 for me.

~ Mad ~ said...

I wouldn't have gotten this one....haven't read the book yet. :)