Saturday, April 02, 2005

I tried! I really tried!

Around the 20th of every month something weird starts happening to me. I start to have these….urges or callings. I know what they are and I try to ignore them. As the days go on and I try to resist them, they only get stronger and more urgent to the point of being uncomfortable. Every month I say “No more!!! Just leave me alone. I have to stop this madness." But they don’t. They also occur at other times of the month when I least expect it. Anything can set them off. I never know what it might be. Because they are sudden and unexpected it’s impossible to resist theses calls. This time I held out much longer than usual. The end of the month went by and I thought I was safe. But when I woke up this morning it was too strong and I gave in yet again.

Yes, yet again I failed.

I went to the bookstore.

I had to buy some new releases.

This month’s purchases?
Shannon Drake – Wicked
Lydia Joyce – The Veil of Night
Lisa Plumley – Josie Day is Coming Home
Susan Donovan – He Loves Lucy

Elizabeth Boyle – Something About Emmaline

And I have the horrible/wonderful feeling there will be more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found that browsing the books on eBay helps to take the edge off. Unless you end up bidding on something because it was just too good a deal to pass up.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »