Saturday, April 02, 2005

I tried! I really tried!

Around the 20th of every month something weird starts happening to me. I start to have these….urges or callings. I know what they are and I try to ignore them. As the days go on and I try to resist them, they only get stronger and more urgent to the point of being uncomfortable. Every month I say “No more!!! Just leave me alone. I have to stop this madness." But they don’t. They also occur at other times of the month when I least expect it. Anything can set them off. I never know what it might be. Because they are sudden and unexpected it’s impossible to resist theses calls. This time I held out much longer than usual. The end of the month went by and I thought I was safe. But when I woke up this morning it was too strong and I gave in yet again.

Yes, yet again I failed.

I went to the bookstore.

I had to buy some new releases.

This month’s purchases?
Shannon Drake – Wicked
Lydia Joyce – The Veil of Night
Lisa Plumley – Josie Day is Coming Home
Susan Donovan – He Loves Lucy

Elizabeth Boyle – Something About Emmaline

And I have the horrible/wonderful feeling there will be more


Jay said...

I've found that browsing the books on eBay helps to take the edge off. Unless you end up bidding on something because it was just too good a deal to pass up.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »