Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Etc.

I realized something very significant today. There is a song by U2. They chorus goes:
“You’ve got to get yourself together, you’ve got stuck in a moment and you can’t get out of it.”
For the past year that song seemed to be my anthem, my life. I was stuck in a continual moment and couldn’t get out of it. I know it was depression and I couldn’t seem to shake it no matter how hard I tried. Whenever I heard that song on the radio, I wanted to fold my arms and cry my heart out. It just seemed to reach out to me. I just wasn’t “me” for the longest time. I don’t know if that makes any sense but I don’t know how to explain it any better.

When I was leaving work today that song came on the radio. It was the first time I had heard it in a few weeks. And when I did hear it, I didn’t feel the urge to cry anymore. I realized for the first time in ages, I wasn’t stuck in that moment anymore. I felt released.
And Oh Gawd, what a wonderful feeling that was.

No comments: