Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ch Ch Ch Changes - Update

I can't believe I didn't mention the number 1 plus of having all my evenings to myself
READING!!!!
Reading the books I have with those half naked men on them that my husband hates so much and that I have to sneak read. No more sneak reading!!


Another huge change in the life an times of Kristie. My husband of 30 years has been at the same place for 32 years. They just did a major reshuffling of all the jobs. The good news is they didn’t eliminate any jobs and he has enough seniority that even if they did, he wouldn’t be in danger of losing his job. The bad news is he’s now working the afternoon shift. He started yesterday. He leaves for work at 2:00 and gets home at midnight Monday to Friday. I work from 7:30 to 4 Monday to Friday and generally go to bed around 10(I get up at 5:30 – I’m definitely a morning kind of girl). This means I won’t see him at all during the week. We’ll only be together on weekends. In all the many years he’s been working, he’s never had to work afternoons. This will make for some very different living arrangements. To celebrate, last night I listened to the Jim Rome show on the radio..... And I don't even like Jim Rome.

Pluses
I’ll be able to spend more time on the internet. If I’m on it for too long, he figures I have an internet romance going – as if, so I’ve curtailed my time spent on the internet.

Watching what I want on TV. Although I don’t really watch that much of it, I won’t have to fight for the remote. And bonus – I can sigh out loud whenever Sawyer is on the screen on Lost.

Still relating to TV, I’ll be able to listen to it with the Surround Sound on. I won the system we have about six months ago but my DH doesn’t like it. He says it echoes (huh?)

If I’m not watching TV, I can listen to WHATEVER music I want to. Right now I’m listening to Pachebelle’s Canon – clichéd I know but I love it.

I can watch my Lord of the Rings extended DVD’s anytime I want to.

No more rushing to get dinner on the table by 5. When he was on days, he worked 7 to 3 and was wanting dinner on the table by 5 - very Archie Bunkerish. I’ve always had a late lunch and never wanted to eat until 6:30. It was an issue we never could resolve.

NO MORE PASTA. We have very different taste in food. He could eat pasta every night of the week. I could never have it again in this lifetime and be a very happy camper. Nor any other tomato based meals. That’s how I describe my least favourite food. Anything tomato based. That’s his favourite meal. Anything tomato based. Now I can make him pasta to take to work and have whatever I want for dinner

Minuses
After the first week of newness, I’m going to miss him like crazy. Except for the occasional trip, we’ve never really been apart like this.

I think the minuses outweigh the pluses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» » »