Wednesday, December 31, 2008

10 Books of Contest Cheer Winner and KB's Top 20 Books of 2008

The winner of our awesome 10 Books of Contest Cheer is...

MARGAY!!

Just send me your address where you would like you prize to go at KatiebabsgATgmailDOTcom

In a few hours 2008 will be out the door. Before we ring in 2009, why not celebrate the books that brought me great joy in 2008? I posted a full listing by category on my other blog, but here I give you my Top 20 Favorite Books for 2008:

1. Blue Eyed Devil- Lisa Kleypas
2. The Host- Stephanie Meyer
3. King of Sword and Sky- CL Wilson
4. One Foot in the Grave- Jeaniene Frost
5. Grimspace- Anne Aguirre
6. Shades of Dark- Linnea Sinclair
7. Wanderlust- Ann Aguirre
8. Mexican Heat- Josh Lanyon and Laura Baumbach
9. Sweetheart- Chelsea Cain
10. Mine to Possess- Nalini Singh
11. Hostage to Pleasure- Nalini Singh
12. The Spymaster's Lady- Joanna Bourne
13. Hidden- Eve Kenin
14. Duke of Shadows- Meredith Duran
15. Demon Bound- Meljean Brook
16. Demon Night- Meljean Brook
17. Dark Needs on Night's Edge- Kresley Cole
18. Lover Enshrined- JR Ward
19. A Wallflower Christmas- Lisa Kleypas
20. Handyman- Claire Thompson

Hands down, Blue-Eyed Devil is the must read book for 2008. Lisa Kleypas wrote a well done emotional book that deals with the topic of abuse, and the recovery a woman must go through to find her respect and self worth all over again. Blue-Eyed Devil is my favorite book, contemporary, the one that made me cry, and has the best hero, Hardy for this year. If you have not read Blue-Eyed Devil yet, I urge you to read it.

How did I do with my list?

Katiebabs (KB)

3 comments:

Lea said...

Congratulations Margay!

I have a number of your favorite books in my TBR and will look forward to the read.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I don't read that much contemporaries, but once again you've sold me another good book to read. I have to head down to the bookstore once they're open again to get my hands on the Blue-Eyed Devil :)

Pam P said...

Congrats, Margay, and Happy New Year!

I've read and loved 14 on your list, especially Blue-Eyed Devil.