Thursday, February 11, 2010

Change - ain't it a grand thing - not


Work is still getting me down. If I don't get to a massage therapist - and fast - I won't be able to hold my head up straight my back and shoulders are hurting that bad. I had to leave work early yesterday as I thought I was coming down with the flu or something like it.

My house is a disaster area and as I look around, I have zero energy to do anything about it.

So while I'm not making it official, cause whenever I do that, I make a liar out of myself, but I'll say chance are, that until I get more on top of things, I'll continue to be scarcer than normal around blog land. I hate letting the learning curve get me down, but every single aspect of what I do at work as of last Friday has changed and EVERYTHING we do is different in a "I don't know what the hell I just did or what I do next" kind of way and I'm zapped of all energy by the time I get home. And zapped in the mornings even before the day begins!!

I don't even have much energy left over for reading!! And my scores on Boggle are horrendous - and I don't even dare try Free Cell!

I DON'T THINK I'M LIKING THIS!!

19 comments:

Sayuri said...

Aww, I hop things get better for you soon, Kristie.

*hugs*

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Aw Kristie, I hope you feel better soon. :( I know first hand it is not fun being in pain and waiting for someone to help you alleviate it.
Hugs to you!

Lori said...

Hang in there. You'll get it down eventually!

Lynn Spencer said...

Oh no! I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Tabitha said...

I know how you feel about the learning curve. Hang in there and hope things get better for you soon.

nath said...

I know how you feel, Kristie. I hate it when it happens - too busy with work and no energy :(

I hope everything gets back to normal fast! In the meantime, we're going to miss you!

Lea said...

Man, sorry to hear that Kristie. Suffering through workplace hell, is, well, hell..

You take care, I can totally relate.

CindyS said...

Hugs!!!

For the shoulders - if it's muscle pain get one of those large gel bags that you put in the freezer and put that on at night for about 20 minutes on and off. Neck and shoulder pain about did me in over Christmas and the only thing that kept me sane was the ice - not heat!

And I'm sorry about the learning curve - that sucks but remember everyone is doing it too.

And yeah, I miss you already!

Cindys

azteclady said...

Oh woman, I know just what you mean!

I just started work a couple of weeks ago and while not rocket science (hello, working hourly at Panera Bread here), there are so many little details to remember that often I don't know whether I'm going or coming.

I'm told it gets better with practice, so here's wishing it gets easier for you soonest too.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, Kristie...I feel you. I've been in a slump and it's only gotten worse since I quit smoking. Read? Clean? Who has the energy? Just remember it won't last. Nothing ever does.

Sending hugs your way!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's terrible. I hope things get better for you soon! Take care of yourself!

Dianne said...

Here's a post you might enjoy to lift your spirits!

"If your man were a plant, he'd be a ..."

www.BloominThyme.wordpress.com

Jill D. said...

Oh noooooossss!! Not the boggle and free cell!! GASP! Don't worry Kristie, things will get better. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Leslie said...

(((Kristie))) I've been there, no energy for anything but the basics and barely enough for that. Like Barbara said it won't last. You'll get through it and we'll still be here. :)

Pamela Clare said...

Sitting at a desk and working in stressful conditions is heck on the neck. I hope you get that massage soon, Kristie!

Also, I need your snail addy to send you a l'il something. (OK, it's really little, but you'll like it.)

orannia said...

(((Kristie)))

I saw book that massage ASAP! 'Cause that will definitely help (and I should probably take my own advice). Don't forget to breathe and take care!

orannia said...

OK, I've just watched the Guy of Gisbourne montage. Not so sure about the long hair, but... *speechless*

Tara Marie said...

hope you're feeling better

KT Grant said...

Re-read some oldies but goodies and don't stress out about it.