Sunday, March 25, 2007

Update on the cell phone

Well, my sister came over yesterday. We went kitchen shopping and then lunch and then back to my place where she took a look at the cell phone. Now she reads my blog so I shall be kind. I had to laugh afterwards once my frustration died down. She is a technical genius and managed to get it connected and signed up and everything. Now in order to appreciate this, you have to know Lisa. Nancy, our other sister, if she reads, this will be screaming with laughter and nodding her head. Lisa will agree 'cause she knows this about herself. She's - well - let's just say - a wee bit of a control freak. (in a good way Lisa, in a good way) with a dash of take charge attitude (in a good way Lisa, in a good way). She has helped and supported me immeasurably - Nance too. She started looking at the features and then things started turning weird/funny. She took over my phone! She went through the features muttering at each one "you don't want this one" then moved on "you don't want this one" moved on etc. She got to the part where you program in numbers and programed in her number - good, I wanted it. Then she told me how to program in Ryan's number. I got his name in and then wasn't sure how to get the number part in. She took the phone back and continued to program in the rest of the numbers I wanted in. And I still don't know how to do it.
Then she went to tunes, asked me what I wanted (I picked Cyndy Laupers Girls Just Want to Have Fun and Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory) And then proceeded to put them in. I asked her at one point how she did and she told me she didn't have time to show me. She did a few other things to and then left.
I still have no idea how the friggin' thing works!!!! I tried working with it a little bit after she left and somehow managed to call Brent - when I wasn't trying to call numbers at all. Earlier I had done the same thing with Ryan went 'oops' and hung up when it dialed his number. He called back to see what I wanted and I just told him it was a mistake call. I have a feeling I'll be making a number of those.
Now I could read the instruction book - the huge little instruction book and eventually manage to figure it out. I think. But I learn much better when I actually see how it's done. Probably Ryan will be over today.

'til later

4 comments:

CindyS said...

Next time we visit we can always pull out our cell phones and see what we can do ;) Although you are way past me because I don't know anything about tunes and I'm scared to death I'm going to end up with some 700 cell phone bill!

I mentioned my phone has the camera and video feature, only I'm not really sure how I get it to work so it's usually me fumbling with buttons until I see the picture on the screen. Now if only I could figure out how to download them on the computer.

Oh, I also have voice mail and have no clue how to access it - apparently the lady wrote the password down for Bob and we can't find it.

CindyS

CindyS said...

Ooops, forgot to mention Bob was asking if you had received the plans yet or have any measurements. (If you do, Bobby week might just go by a little easier for me ;))

CindyS

Rosie said...

Read the instruction book...are you crazy? They always make it worse for me. I like to mess around with the phone and figure stuff out for myself and that way it sticks better.

I have to say though it is entertaining hearing about you and your new cell phone.

Anonymous said...

My only comment is: hummppff !!