Monday, March 12, 2007

A mysterious package

Earlier I said I had a funny story to tell. Well - it started on Wednesday when I got home. I have the group I go to right from work so was late when I got home. There was a note from Fed Ex that there was a parcel, but since there was no one to sign for it, they would try and deliver it the next day. It was too late to call them and on Thursday night I had the writing class right after work. But sure enough when I got home Thursday night there was another notice from them. And they also said they would try the next day. Well, again I work so no one was home. I thought I had taken the notice to work with me to call them, but when I looked in my purse it wasn't there. I did call anyway, but they couldn't track my parcel without the tracking number. When I got home on Friday, there was a voice mail saying they had tried to deliver the package but no one was home (like I knew that) They said I could pick it up between the hours of 7 and 7. By this time it was almost 7. I had stopped a book stores before I went home.
So I planned on picking it up before I left for Cindy's on Saturday. The drop off isn't far from where I live.
I "thought" I knew what might be in the package so while I was curious, I wasn't burning up with it or anything.
So off I went to the depot and got the package. I was then on my way to Cindy's. We are talking highway here. The highway I happen to drive a leeetle bit faster than the posted speed limit. I happened to glance at the package sitting on the seat next to me (very briefly of course because I was going a leeeeetle faster than the speed limit) and caught the name Lisa Kleypas.
Well - Holy Shit! That's not what I thought it was!! So what do I do now I thought? I'm barreling down the highway, and I can't open it. It's a busy highway and all and there is a lot of traffic on the highway. Do I pull over? And then I thought it would be fun to share my excitement with a fellow romance reader.
I drove faster. That's what I did. While I normally drive about 20 kilometers over the speed limit (as do most people - really they do). Now I was driving 30 and at times 40 kilo's over. And no one passed me, let me tell you!
I got to Cindy's, package in hand all ready to run up to her door. I had to take a couple of minutes to untangle from the M3p player I'd been listening too (I tend to drive faster on the fast songs and there were a lot of them) and was all set to run and open. But her sidewalk was slippery. So I had to duck toe it up to her front door *g*. Of course as soon as I got my coat off, we headed to her kitchen so I could open the package and........





SQUUWHHHEEEEEEE


You will of course notice the little autographed stamp on the top left hand corner. So now I have my very own autographed copy to hug and to squeeze, very gently of course.

So - a hearty shout out and thank you to Lisa Kleypas for sending me this one. Cindy was almost as excited as I was.

'til later

19 comments:

romancelover said...

Lucky girl! I can't wait to get my copy!

Rosie said...

Congrats! How cool is that. I probably would have wrecked the car when I looked down and saw Lisa Kleypas' name.

I read this over the weekend. I'll be posting a review tomorrow, I'm anxious to see what you think.

Kristie (J) said...

Romancelover: LOL - but you already know the ending *still chuckling over that*

Rosie: I did a double take that's for sure. And there I was - stuck on the highway going (let's see - what would that be in miles - um - probably about 85 ot 90) I must have gone "What do I do? What do I do? for about 5 minutes.

nath said...

Wow :D this is soooo cool for you :D I hope you enjoy the book :D and it is really thoughtful of Ms. Kleypas!

Holly said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful thing!

Rosario said...

LOL, Kristie, I can totally imagine your face when you realized it was from Lisa Kleypas! That's wonderful!

Tara Marie said...

Very, very cool--congrats :D

Bev (BB) said...

Yeah, and like five miles took all that long at those speeds. ;) That's such a great surprise though and such fun that you got to share it with Cindy.

Anonymous said...

So you're one of those I can't keep up with on the hwy :)

I have never read one of hers... ducking and running... but btwn you and the bb... I have one here from the library and that one's on hold.

S.

~ames~ said...

That's just great Kristie!!

Anonymous said...

I am squwheeing with you :-) Very cool!

CindyS said...

Yep, I kept looking at the return address thinking 'It's from Lisa Kleypas herself? How super cool is that!!'

I have to find out that authors name who wrote those paranormal westerns because I think you would really like them! I know they are around her somewhere.

Okay, have to go, there is a cat on my chest as I am typing this - weird.

Cindy

Janet Webb said...

PERFECT day to read your wonderful story ... and GO you!!! From Lisa to your doorstep ... that is wicked awesome. She must totally appreciate your attempts to turn the world on to Derek, one reader at a time :) My autographed copy came in the mail yesterday too: not directly from the author but she had written in the book!!!

Mina Wolf said...

I read that book in one night. It was a great story and I just love the way she writes her characters.

Nicole said...

That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome for you! and for Kleypas. What a treasure.

Unknown said...

Kristie, best surprise ever. Especially since you were in no hurry to get the package. Thankg God you didn't have an accident, LOL!

The only thing that can top this is meeting LK face to face, as far as reader's fairytale goes.

Can't wait for the review!!!

ReneeW said...

OMG Kristie, what a wonderful surprise. You so deserve it. LK rocks! I'm so glad that the driving angel was watching out for you, too. :)

sybil said...

Well you know what I think...

but it still makes me smile...

OH! Your poll is screwed up. I has Derek up by one. That can't be right.