Saturday, March 17, 2007

Now what I was really thinking it was

Further to my post on Sugar Daddy, I mentioned that I thought I knew what the package was and what it wasn't. Well, when I got home yesterday there was a message on my machine from my next door neighbour saying they had a package there for me. The post person had tried delivering it but I wasn't home so my neighbour said they would sign for it.
I wasted no time in heading next door to pick up my parcel and it was what I thought the other one was but wasn't.

Time to do that happy dance again!!

What was in the package was the books from Jennie!!

Squeeeee!!!!!

The books included Nine Coaches Waiting and Touch Not the Cat by Mary Stewart. She had such an effect on my when I was younger. I loved her books and I'm really looking forward to revisiting her again. Mrs. Drew Plays Her Hand by Carla Kelly. I just recently bought Beau Carusoe so I'm really looking forward to diving into her books. She seems to be universally loved. And there is this really HUGE book - the complete works of Jane Austen. I think I'm about the only one who has never read her before - don't know how I missed that. I've read pretty much all the other "greats". And Jennie also sent a bonus book!! An ARC copy of the third book in a series that I've been enjoying.

Thanks Jenny - what a great way to end a week!!!!

I wanted to post this last night - but then Blogger was being Blogger. *sigh*

'til later

7 comments:

~ames~ said...

Isn't it nice to get surprise books? LOL
I haven't read Jane Austen either-so I think it's just us two. :P

Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

Squeee right back atcha! Happy St.Paddy's Day!!!!

Jennie said...

You're welcome, Kristie! I like doing contests and giving away books. They're some of my favorites, so I hope you like them. And I was cleaning out my office and had that extra arc and thought of you cuz I knew you liked her. ;)

And I'm glad the package got to you because the people at the post office were completely unhelpful. Customs form, wha? She was downright snippy. But then working in a post office would make me snippy too, I think.

Nicole said...

Books, yay!

Hope you enjoy them. Love getting books in the mail.

Noneya said...

Books are such great gifts.

Love Jane Austen. I just got the Idiots Guide to Jane Austen.

Mostly b/c I just love to read and re-read her books.

:)
Cheers,
Sandie

CindyS said...

Wow, you're so lucky to get hit with the book fairy stick ;)

I've never read Austen and I just don't plan to - no sex. It's okay, it's my loss ;)

CindyS

nath said...

More books!!! :D Hope you enjoy them, lucky winner :D