Thursday, March 22, 2007

I have a germ!!

Now most people don’t get excited when they get a germ. I don’t like them either. But this germ is different! This one is a germ of an idea!

I’ve been taking these creative writing classes and loving them. But for the most part, it hasn’t really triggered my creative juices as for something new and different. I’ve been doing great as long as the teacher gives us some kind of direction, but as for original ideas, nada. But last week we were working on another one of those stories based on a picture and as I started mine, lightning struck and I had an idea for something more than just a short 1,500 word story. I wrote throughout all the time she gave us to come up with something and didn’t even get close to the picture part of it. I was too busy doing background. I read what I had when it came to my turn, and landed myself an extra assignment. She and the rest of the class wanted to know what else happened. So I finished it but as I was creatively writing along, I was thinking this had real potential. I’ll have to do mega work and send it to my own private critique person to see what she thinks. But for the first time since the first class started way back – I can feel something bubbling in the depths of my imagination. I don’t know if it will sputter out or not, but it’s further than I’ve gotten so far. So I think I like this germ!

'til later

8 comments:

Mailyn said...

Go germ! LOL. ^_^

Maria, Lover of All Things Romance said...

I'm really liking this germ too. Go for it!

nath said...

that actually sounds great :D Go germ! we'll cheer for you!

Rosie said...

Your enthusiasm and passion are so wonderful to witness. I really proud of you.

CindyS said...

Woohoo!! Although I was worried about you when you said you liked this germ ;)

CindyS

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to see your idea germinate and take root. So, go kristie go!!

And will you promise to publish it one day??

Kristie (J) said...

AG: I don't know if it will get published *g*. It's everything that isn't getting published.
Not part of a series
A contemporary
The hero is a blue collar worker
The heroine is a widow who loved her husband and enjoyed a healthy sex life
But that's the kind that aren't being published much these days. But I'll just write it for me and if no one publishes it - oh well - at least it will get written (I hope!)

Cindy: *g* There aren't many of them that are good are there?

Rosie: Thanks! I was writing in class and it was just like something struck me "I can do this!"

Nath: I just hope it's the first germ of many :)

Maria: Me too!!!

Mailyn: hey there stranger!! Good to 'see' you! And thanks

Alyssa said...

That's great, Kristie! Those kinds of germs are the best.

:)