Saturday, July 22, 2006

Dang! I wish she had a website

So that we could find out more about this one

Drop Dead Gorgeous by Linda Howard

Good news/Bad news

Good news - it's in paperback
Bad news - we have to wait until November

I know it's more about Blair and Wyatt, Blair is planning her wedding and someone is after her but I want excerpts!!!
Oh well - at least now I'll have to go back and read To Die For again sometime before November to refresh myself :) I like that idea! One can never read To Die For enough times. Unless of course one didn't like Blair. Then once is more than enough. But I loved her so......
And how about this cover?!?!?!?!?
While the picture of the couple is not bad although I think she needs to comb her hair - or wash it or something - I surely hope they don't stay with these colours 'cause man are they bad!!! It hurts to look at it without sunglasses. It's brighter than an errupting volcano, or a blazing fire or the even the sun for petels sake! And what is with the font? I think Bam needs to get hold of this one.

'til later

8 comments:

Marg said...

I don't understand how authors don't have a web presense these days!

Kristie (J) said...

I know! I don't get it either. If I was an author that's the first thing I would do. But then I suppose she is a big enough name that people don't need a website to know about her.

Marg said...

I would think that that means you are just as likely to need a website to keep on attracting new readers, for things like series order etc etc

CindyS said...

Knowing myself well, I can safely say that if I am procrastinating the internet is a wonderful place to play. So, if I was an author it would be a time sucker. Maybe Howard knows herself well and keeps herself away from the computer. That said, she could hire someone but then I think you would want to be involved and then *whomp* she's sucked in ;)

You were much more gentle with this cover than I feel. It's gross!!

CindyS

nath said...

I heard that Linda Howard used to have a website, but she doesn't anymore, because she was getting stalked - like receiving emails from a spooky someone... so that's why she decided not to have a website anymore.

What I love the most is when the authors have a website and actually update it frequently... Kelley Armstrong and Sherrilyn Kenyon are two authors that come to mind.

Jennie said...

It seems really unprofessional for any author, especially any well-known author, not to have a website. And stupid too. It could only help sales.

And if it was a stalking problem, she could just not have any contact info listed.

That cover is seriously ugly!

Valeen said...

Seriously?? Is it all about Blair and Wyatt??

I LOVED To Die For. One of my favourites. Can't say enough about it.

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
Womans sport clothing Men's tropical shirts Ohio state dental school Discount dance discount code coupon Dancing when the stars go blue