Monday, July 16, 2007

Doing Dallas - Networking



When I knew I was going to Dallas I wanted to do something important - not just be a tag-along kind of person. Although I did do great at doing tag-along. Then came Romantic Advances and I thought what a great way to get this website known!! The four of us debated back and forth about having business cards. I was strongly for it since (selfishly) in real life I'm just a little peon at work and I don't have business cards and I just wanted them and I thought at the RWA they would be a great tool. We discussed different ways of doing them and I'm pretty sure (and Jane can confirm this since she was the one had them made up) that she had Jennie's sister Julie Ree - AKA Twin, a graphic designer by trade as well as a fabulous sewer and other crafty things person, design the cards. This is the card and each of us had a bunch with our own names, email addy and our own blog as well as the Romantic Advances. Didn't Julie do a great job on them?
So one of the things I wanted to do in Dallas was tell as many people as I could about the Romantic Advances website.

**side note here**
Thanks to Wendy for adding it to the template on the sidebar. I'd been wanting to do this for a while but didn't know how - being the tech ignoramus that I am. I had no idea how to do it so she did it for me. Mucho gratis!

So I broke out of my shell and approached people and talked about the site. It helped that as a reader who likes to research what is coming out in the future, I adore the idea of a one-stop internet shopping place. Somewhere you can find everything you want without having to hop here there and everywhere. Everyone I mentioned the site to also thought it a great idea and eagerly took the cards.
It was a grand experience and even though I had my heart in my throat at everyone I asked if they wanted a card, I think, as a newbie at this kind of thing, I did a pretty decent job at networking and plugging Romantic Advances.


'til later

3 comments:

Wendy said...

*snort* I can copy and paste with the best of 'em. Just as long as I don't have to do any actual HTML coding myself!

Kristie was our networking goddess! I think you pimped out Romantic Advances more than me, Jane and Sybil combined.

Jennie said...

Yes, Julie made the business cards. She's way talented, I think. Of course, she's my sister so I have to say that. ;)

Good job on the networking! Excellent that you were able to get the word out to people!

CindyS said...

Jennie's twin Julie is TALENTED!! I would so get her to do up something for me if I ever came up with a business. And even though your heart was in your throat you still managed to keep going. I would have bailed and gone for a nap ;)

CindyS