Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Contest Alert! I want to win this book!

We had a field trip at work today - all the branches in our area. It was really good and I enjoyed the day quite a bit. They had an motivational speaker - a most excellent one and one of the things he said to do was to take ownership. So - this is me taking ownership.

I don't often post contest alerts - no particular reason, I just don't think of it I guess 0r I blog about something else. But in this case I am blogging about it because.

I. WANT. TO. WIN. THIS. BOOK.

No if ands or buts about it. This is me. Taking ownership.

Dear Author and Smart Bitches have combined forces and are having a Save the Contemporary Campaign going and as you may have noticed, I'm all about the campaigns. And as I've always loved contemporaries and

I. WANT. TO. WIN. THIS. BOOK.

I'm fully on board.

Now there are a number of ways to enter. You can Twitter about it - using some kind of hash mark thing a ma jig - but I don't twitter. You can email about it - but I don't really send a lot of emails or you can blog about it. Since

I. WANT. TO. WIN. THIS. BOOK.

I'm going the blogging route. They have set up a special page here and also a nifty little place you can add your own rec's for contemporaries you have enjoyed. Now I'm going to make a list of a lot of them I've enjoyed.

Hopefully I've done the blogging thing right because

I. WANT. TO. WIN. THIS. BOOK.

If I didn't get it right - which to be honest wouldn't surprise me, hopefully someone will tell me how to do it right because

I. WANT. TO. WIN. THIS. BOOK.

Now I know there are others saying the same thing about Smooth Talking Stranger and (yippee for us) St. Martins Press is donating 20 copies! AND there is a second prize St. Martins is offering - a 20 book package of their backlist.

In addition, Borders is offering 30% off all pre-orders. But since I don't live in the US, this particular incentive doesn't work. Thus

I. WANT. TO. WIN. THIS. BOOK.


Now, in case I'm missing something - this is what you have to do



Lisa Kleypas Smooth Talking Stranger

Email This Page Email This Page ShareThis

lisakleypas

Ella Varner has it all–a successful career as an advice columnist, a handsome boyfriend, and a circle of friends in Austin. When anyone has a problem, Ella knows the answers.

But one night she receives a call that changes everything. And as Ella’s world is turned upside-down, she meets a man who is the opposite of everything she ever wanted . . . a man who will offer her the most irresistible challenge she has ever known . . . Excerpt

To reward those who help spread the contemporary goodness, St. Martin’s Press has provided us with 20 copies of Smooth Talking Stranger to giveaway and a grand prize package of 20 titles from SMP’s backlist (Lora Leigh, Jennifer Crusie, Cheyenne McCray, and the like) to a random entrant.

To participate, simply forward the details to a friend using the “Email This Page” link above. The more times you forward the details of this giveaway for Smooth Talking Stranger, the greater chance you have of winning. Alternatively, use the “Share This” and twitter the contest and link or blog about it. You’ll need to send us a link, though, or twitter us too at @smartbitches or @jane_l.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so on this!!! Thanks, Kristie!!

Lea said...

I'm confused. But very tired so that isn't surprizing.

Nonetheless Kristie I sure hope you win that book! :)

Best Regards
L

Kristie (J) said...

Lea: heh heh heh. I was a tad confused too so because
I. Want. to. Win. This. Book. I decided I'd cover all my bases and link and paste.

Barbara: You're welcome *g*.

Unknown said...

Hi Kristie!!

I. WANT. YOU. TO. WIN. THIS. BOOK.

I would love to win this book as well and seeing how they have 20 copies, I'll rush over to enter!!

Thanks for the extreme heads up!!

Dottie ;-)

Marg said...

So I wasn't sure, but I think that you might want to win this book? Is that right?

Kristie (J) said...

Marg: ROTFL - It's part of the positive message we received at the regional meeting we received today. Now I'm sure when they were giving it they weren't thinking of me coming home and blogging about how much I want to win a book - but then again they did say to carry on what we learned to help us with our 'mission' could be carried on in our home lives.

Dottie: *laughing* Why thank you! Since there are 20 copies available to win - I didn't feel guilty making the rather obvious point that I wanted to win one of them. If there was only one I probably would have been more discreet. *g* I still would have wanted to win - but not quite so - ah - boldly.

Unknown said...

ROTFL--I love your blog--you're always so funny!!

Dottie

orannia said...

Ahhh, me too :)

And weirdly - the 'take ownership' comment REALLY hits home for me today! I had the day from h*ll at work, and it's all my fault because I let myself get distracted by various family members and their issues....and then I use anything but work to distract myself from the family. I need to walk into work and put all family issues aside until after work! Fingers crossed on this too, because I think my boss is about to give up on me :(

Anonymous said...

I hope you win it! Lisa Kleypas is wonderful.

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Kristie, I love the way you took the message and worked with it ~ hee!! I actually think the speaker would be very proud of you for driving home the message that YOU.WANT.TO.WIN.THIS.BOOK!

Gotta love a woman on a mission!
Hope you win! Good luck!

azteclady said...

Kristie, are you sure you want to win this book?

I just couldn't tell...









(good luck to you on the drawing--and orannia, don't give up, woman! *hug*)

nath said...

LOL, well I'll help you by not entering the contest. Sure, it's fun to get this book free if you can, but I'd go for pre-ordering it at Chapters... even with the 5.99$, you might be surprised at when you get it :D

Debs Desk said...

Please include me in your giveaway.
Thanks
Debbie
debdesk9@verizon.net

Kristie (J) said...

Deb: *chuckle* I'm not giving this away - I wanted to win a copy myself at another blog - which *heavy sigh* I didn't.