Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This Week's Winnah

Congratulations to Renee who guessed the book! Kinsman's Oath by Susan Krinard. And here I thought it would take longer than normal. Instead it took less time and only two clues.
I really loved this one. I loved the hero. He was very complicated, very tortured. Here's a great review for it.
I was quite upset after I read it to find out the author had no intentions of writing anymore of this universe she had started to build. I still haven't given up hope that she does go back because it just didn't feel like the author was finished with these people and this universe.

Here are the rest of the clues:

He has been tolerated by his captors most of his life and oftentimes tortured

She is taking a real risk in saving him

He was captured years ago when his family was destroyed

She has special telepathic talents

As does he

This is the first full-length book but the world was first created in a short story in an out of this world anthology


Renee: I think I have your address. If not, I'll email you.

I'll have another 'Guess that book' starting Monday.

'til later

6 comments:

ReneeW said...

I felt the same way when I heard that there would not be a sequel to KO. It just screams sequel. Very disappointing. But I'm so excited about the book I won. I looked up the description and it sounds so good. Yay for me! Thanks, Kristie.

Kristie (J) said...

It does scream for sequel doesn't it? I think she changed publishers after that book - that's why no sequel - but like I said I'm still not giving up hope we see more someday. I want - no I NEED to know what happened to his parents - because they never did find them.
And *g* Yay for you for winning.

nath said...

Congrats Renee!

Rosie said...

Wow, that was fast! I read Krinard and this one doesn't look familiar. Maybe I missed it?

CindyS said...

What would be the heat level for this book? It sounds very promising!

Congrats Renee!

CindyS

Kristie (J) said...

Cindy: I think it's pretty steamy. I noticed it's unavailable at Chapters so I think it's a UBS search.

Rosie: she was quick wasn't she? I know that Krinard writes mostly werewolf stories but occasionally she used to write other genres. She wrote an pretty good time travel and pretty good reincarnation/ghost story too. She also wrote a short story in a JD Robb anthology - Out of This World. It was really good too!