Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Odd & Ends

I crumpled like a cheap suit! Don't ever trust me - I'm afraid I'm a vow breaker. I was going to read 6 books before buying more, but I didn't make it. I do have an explanation though. You see, first off, I'm going to visit my sister in the States in a couple of weeks. I asked her if I could order books from Amazon and have them sent to her. You see they are so much cheaper in the States. And if you order a certain number then you don't have to pay for shipping. So I had some fun the other night ordering the books. But I won't be getting them until I go visit, so it's not like I'm getting them or anything. I won't put them up now since I don't have them yet because maybe by that time I will have read the six books I was determined to read.
But then last night I broke again. I was in this store - no, not a books store - and they had these two books on for a most reasonable price!! I've been looking for Killing Moon for ages now. I don't even think they have it in Canada for some reason. And, well, since I already broke and since it was such a good price ($4.99) I thought I may as well get the one on the right because Amazon has recommended it for me a couple of times. So, since I technically still haven't gone into a book store, it doesn't really count. Right?




And in other news - I am a winner!!! I won an ARC of Sarah McCarty's new release, Caine's Reckoning. It came in the mail today and I'm a happy camper. It's a Western!!! You can see where it says not for resale. Not a problem for me since I have no intentions of letting this one go :)



And thirdly, I always get excited to find new reader bloggers. I've found three in the past few days. First off there is Sula of Sula's Space. She's a regular poster at AAR. It's great to see she's joined the blogging world. Then just the other day I found Lisabea of Nose in a Book. She's brand new to the world of blogging too. And she loves Derek - a fellow Cravenator *g*. And then there is Tumperkin of Isn't it Romance, another baby blog born in October.
And we have Leya of Wandeca Reads. Turns out she's almost a neighbour from just down the highway a bit. And there's Bookdaze of Me and my books.
I love finding new blogs!!

'til later

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Actually it's Leya at Wandeca Reads :) We've been on some of the same e-mail loops forever and girlfriend's "real" name is actually extremely unique - but luckily it shortens down to Leya quite nicely.

Rosie said...

...crumpled like a cheap suit. Don't we all?

Can't wait for you to read the McCarty and see what you think. I love her erotic westerns.

Rosario said...

And I love it when you find new blogs, too, because I can add them to my google reader *g*

Joanna Chambers said...

Awww thanks for mentioning me. Starting a blog is like having a party but not being able to give out invitations.....

PS - this site is preeeeeeeetttttyy

CindyS said...

Congrats on the win! And I bought some books tonight and I haven't read a book in well, at least a month.

cindyS

Kristie (J) said...

Wendy: It seems I was full of "oops" last night! I *red faced* fixed that one too.

Rosie: It doesn't take much does it? I'm looking forward to reading her book!

Rosie: It's great finding them. It's like finding new friends - well - it IS finding new friends.

Tumperkin: You're welcome *g*. I'm glad I found your blog! And thanks. It is pretty isn't it? Since I didn't design it - well I sort of had a hand in the pic, but Mailyn is the designer.

Cindy: A month with no reading!?! Ouch! It's such an empty feeling isn't it, when you're not reading? Not to mention the scary growth of the TBR pile.

nath said...

You know, all of us, when it comes to books... we have no willpower :P

and thanks for looking up new books blogs! :D

sula said...

bwahahaha! I knew you wouldn't be able to hold out. Then again...I can't laugh too hard. I have no willpower either. And I am SO jealous of your Sarah McCarty booty.

Thanks for such a warm welcome to the world of book blogging. I'm having fun and enjoying stumbling over other great blogs and adding them to my roll. So much to read...so little time...

~ames~ said...

Don't feel bad. I still haven't "read off" the 5 books I bought last week. I did manage to justify 3 of them (by reading like a lunatic) but then on Tuesday I bought a book at the UBS. SO i want to throw my hands in the air (like I just don't care) and go to the bookstore. Let's be bad together Kristie. LOL (The book I bought at the UBS was Don't Tell by Karen Rose. I couldn't resist. I love KR)

Anonymous said...

A bit late - but I was wondering why so many people were clicking through from your blog! :-)

Thank you for the mention, I do lurk at your blog too! And I will do the screen capture soon-ish - promise!

sybil said...

Have you started Sarah McCarty's book yet? I liked it. Gwen has a review going up next week I think...

It will be interesting to see what people think.