Monday, May 21, 2007

Interesting Contest

Meljean (and darn it all - I still want to say Maljean) has a great contest going. I'll be honest here - I'm hoping I'm picked - but she also has some great questions. She asks us to answer 7 of them. Since she has a nice long list - it's not that hard to do!

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I'm lazy. I hate that I am and I would love to change that about me, but with half a century lived (good heavens! That long?) I realize I'm unlikely to change that about me.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Heh heh - books of course. Now one or two wouldn't qualify. But considering the ones I do have number in the hundreds and I keep buying more, it is indeed an extravagance

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
Oh my - there are so many to choose from! It would be easier and shorter to say what I do like about my appearance! But I'd have to say the number one thing is my size. In my heart I'm much taller and much more slender (and younger and blond - natural blond) but in reality I'm not those things * sigh*
(and although it's not the question, the thing I do like about my appearance - my hair and my smile)

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
The word well. People who know me, know that when I start off using that word they are in for a long, convoluted story that could probably be told in a quarter of the time. Me - I like the word well.

Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to have a good voice and be able to play a musical instrument. I cut the grass today and finally clued in when I was almost done it might go easier if I listened to my IPOD. I got and while cutting belted out " I Need a Hero", "It's My Life", "Running Down a Dream". When I was done I went to my neigbour and apologized for my horrid singing. She said it wasn't that bad. I laughed and said "you lie. I know it was terrible."

What is your current state of mind?
To be honest? A bit buzzed. I had a beer when I was finished cutting the grass and apologizing to the neighbour and it went down so well I had a second. But that's it! Really - that's it. I must be stone cold sober so I can enjoy Dancing With the Stars later tonight.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Ron. From the very first night I met him he has been the only love of my life. I was talking to my oldest son not long ago and we got talking about cheating or thinking of cheating in marriage and he didn't think there was anyone who didn't think of it at least once and I told him I never did. Not once in almost 32 years of marriage did I consider for even a nanosecond the thoughts of someone else. Not to say I didn't admire a handsome form - but as I told my son - I could admire a beautiful woman just as easily.

So - go ahead and play Meljean's contest! It was fun.

'til later



Bonus Feature:

Songs I belted out while grass cutting


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. My friends say I'm afraid of
change. But personally I'm not.
Actually I'm pretty insecure and
I hate feeling that way.
2. My house. I love fixing it up.
3. My weight. I would love to lose
a few ponds. Although I have
lost 8 pounds this week.
Yayyyyy Me!!!!!!
4. The word why. For some reason
I always ask why after being
asked about something .
5. I would love to be able to
write stories or draw. I have
always wished that I could sing.
I love singing just wish I had
the voice for it.
6. Happy. I went through a really
bad time 4 years ago when me
and the hubby split up. Now I
feel as free and happy as I
used to feel. Hope it never
goes away. LOL
7. Mark. He's my best friend and
I love him to death. I have
finally met a man that cares
about me. We have so much in
common it's scary. I can always
rely on him b/c he's always
there.

Jenster said...

Oh my goodness. I think I could just take your list and use it for my own. Except my buzz is from pain medication and the love of my life is Todd. Other than that it's spooky!!!

Love the videos! :o)

Rosie said...

Meljean has a contest? Does it involve DEMON MOON in some way? Gotta go see.

Jennie said...

I wish I could sing too. My dad has this fantastic voice, but none of us kids got it. Not fair! :)

Devon said...

Good answers! I love this contest!

Mailyn said...

LOL! I do that too! I me4an singing when I am doing chores, I was cutting the grass yesterday and was singing a little kids song. How dumb is that?