Sunday, June 25, 2006

It was a glorious day

Well, for the most part. The game was long (3 1/2 hours) and boring and the Jays lost - but other than that it was wonderful.
When Ryan our youngest heard last night that we might not make it, he called and gave Ron the "are you nuts!!! Of course your going, I'll be by at 9:00 to pick you up" speech. Part of me was terrified but part of me cheered.
We left at 9:30 - Ryan drove - and it was a smooth ride down. He dropped us off at Rogers Centre (Sky Dome) so we didn't have to walk far. The seats were excellent!! Right at first base so we got to see Carlos Delgado. I always liked him and was most saddened when he left. It wasn't too crowded in the section we sat in and we had the front row. Once the sun hit where we were sitting, we moved back a few rows to the shade and it stayed shady. Before we left, I made him put on sun screen. He really didn't want to, but I said no sun screen, no game.
Ron had a large slice of pizza and a hot dog at the game. He hasn't been eating much so that was so encouraging. PLUS - he had a couple of beers. Costly they were, but again it was most encouraging. Both our sons also went; the oldest Brent came with a friend and Ryan brought his not his girlfriend, girlfriend (long story - they were going together, broke up and now it seems that they are back together although he denies they are anything but friends. I hope they are back together though 'cause I really like her). It's the first time I've been there since it changed names and I must say - I really liked the changes they made. They still should have kept the old name though.
Finally the game ended and we had to wait for a while before Ron's team took the field. When I saw him go out to coach first at the Roger's Centre (Skydome) it was good, it was very, very good. He only lasted 3 innings before he had to call it quits but that was enough. He was thrilled! We left at 9:30 am and didn't get home until 7:30 pm; a very long day for him, but for today we were able to forget and that was most glorious!!!!

20 comments:

sybil said...

Sounds like a fab time was had by all! I am so happy you got to go and it went well.

CindyS said...

How glorious!!! I'm so happy for you and your family that you were able to get to the game. Your husband was probably thrilled that his son wanted him to come so very much.

I tell you, I'm not much of a Canadian even though I say I'm patriotic - when did they change the name of the SkyDome!!?? Man, I need to start reading the newspaper...nah, too depressing.

CindyS

Nikki said...

That is wonderful!! I was thinking about you all day today and I was hoping you went to the game. I am so glad you, Ron and your boys had "glorious day"!!

Wendy said...

Oh man, you went to Sunday's game? You had to watch Towers pitch? Sounds like you had a good time though, despite that :-) And I'm really happy you got to go! Hooray for your son!

And neither here nor there - the Tigers are kicking ass and taking numbers. Now if only the White Sox would start losing.

Tara Marie said...

How wonderful for all of you. I'm so glad you, Ron and your sons had such a special day.

Kristie (J) said...

Cindy LOL - they changed the name 2 years ago. And you live closer than us :).

Wendy: Yep - Josh Towers. And weren't we thrilled to pieces when we found out he was pitching. 1 and 9 now.

Sybil, Nikki, Tara: it was a wonderful day. I am so glad we went now - that Ryan wouldn't take no for an answer.

~ames~ said...

I'm happy Ron got to go to the game. Sounds like you guys had a good day.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! It sounds like alot of fun for all of you!

Alyssa said...

Oh, I'm so glad you went and that it was a good experience. That's wonderful!

Mailyn said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time! I have no clue about the game as I'm not a fan but it sounds like you had a ball! :)

Holly said...

I am SO glad y'all got to go! I was so sad for you when you said you might not be able to!

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

How absolutely wonderful...Glad everyone went and all had a good time..
Deb

dancechica said...

Awesome. Totally awesome. I am so glad to hear you all had a wonderful time. :)

Lori said...

Oh Kristie, I'm so glad you got to go after all! It sounds like you all had a great time. What wonderful sons you have raised!

Megan Frampton said...

Oh, I'm so happy you and Ron got to go! Yay for the offspring!

Anonymous said...

So happy that you had a fab day out.

Kailana said...

Man, I want to go to a baseball game... I am envious. I live in the wrong part of the country, though. :(

I agree with everyone though, sad that you had to watch Towers pitch! But, in the end if you had fun that is all that matters.

Now if I could just go...

Rowena said...

Oh that's great! I'm so glad that you guys got to go to the game, Ryan is the best!

I want some pizza right now...hmm..

((((Kristie)))))

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! How to sent your homemade air fresheners swimsuits size 12 underwire Incorporate a business indiana