Saturday, June 03, 2006

I decided yesterday to stop working. I haven't told Ron yet because I know he's going to try and talk me out of it - all along he has wanted me to keep working but it's been harder and harder to leave him in the morning. But that little voice inside me said "it's time". One thing that made it harder to reach this decision is that I'm only on contract where I work and I really like working there and I really like the job I'm doing; it's been my hope that they would hire me on full time at the end of my contract, but that has become less and less important. I talked to my supervisor there yesterday and told her that I'm thinking of leaving. She was very understanding and told me to take the rest of the day off - with pay. Later on I got a call from the agency and they said that the company I'm working for wants me back after - good little worker bee that I am. That really was a load off my mind. I don't have to worry about money - I am eligible for 'compasionate care' as the primary caregiver - all these new terms I'm learning. The agency will put a rush on my record of employment so I can start collecting sooner.
I'm still not sure how to tell Ron. I was with some friends last night and they all offered good advice. Another thing I can tell Ron as to why I've decided to stay home is to get my own health back again. I have high blood pressure (one of the wonderful things that comes with getting older). It's gone through the roof in the last little while - no real suprise there!
But I just want to spend as much time with Ron as I can now.
Of course the reader/blogger in me knows I'll have more time for that now since he sleeps a good part of the day.
I haven't had time off in over a year - you don't get paid if you are on contact and take time off - so just that alone will be nice. I've been in touch with Hospice London and they have all kinds of services for caretakes that are available from seminars to massage therapy. In fact I'm off shortly to meet with someone they "matched" me with whom I can talk too.
So - that's where I am now. I feel at piece about the decision; I know it's the right one. I just hope Ron accepts it when I tell him.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((Kristie)))))

I've always felt that if the decision a person makes lets them feel good, it should be taken as such. :)

Hopefully, he'll be able to understand why you've made this decision and the two of you will be able to enjoy the time you have together.

I know I've said it before, but you are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

~ames~ said...

I hope Ron supports your decision. I'm glad you'll be able to take time off now, it's very important that you stay healthy too.
*hugs*

Holly said...

Not being in your position, I can't really offer advice, but if the decision feels right to you and will make you happier, than I think it's the right one.

HUGS!!!

I, too, have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

ReneeW said...

I hope Ron handles the news well. But it really sounds like the best thing to do for both of you. I know you want to spend as much time as you can with him. And your health and well-being is important. I hope you take advantage of the services that are available. A massage is a wonderful way to relieve stress. Your mood seems much lighter than it has been and I'm so glad. Take care. Hugs.

Marg said...

Sounds like a decision that is right for you based on the fact that you feel good about it, but also that things are falling into place for when you want to return to work.

Lori said...

Kristie, I had no idea you were going through this. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Ron. Once you've made a decision that you are comfortable with, he is bound to be ok with it, too. And it sounds like you are doing your best not to burn your bridges at work, too.

*hugs*

CindyS said...

Good for you. Yes, you need to take care of yourself also but I imagine that's a tall order right now. Ron will understand.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

CindyS

Tara Marie said...

One more tough choice.

Please take care of yourself. Prayers and thoughts everyday.

With love, Tara

Megan Frampton said...

I think you are making the right decision, and I hope Ron is good with it.

Love,

Megan

Gabrielle said...

Kristie, I think you've made a wonderful decision and I'm happy you're in a position to be able to do it. Giving Ron your time is such a beautiful gift to both of you. And you take care of yourself, too.

Bob & Muffintop said...

Hugs, love & prayers, Kristie. Take care of yourself~

Anonymous said...

I will second what Holly has said - if the decision feels right then it is the right one for you. I'm sure your husband will support your decision - it also means he gets to see more of you right?

romancelover said...

I hope Ron handles it well. You're a brave woman Kristie and we're all behind you all the way!!!

Devon said...

Kristie--
I'm keeping you in my thought and prayers. Best wishes with everything regarding your decision--you definitely have to do what you feel is best for you both.

Devon said...

Kristie--
I'm keeping you in my thought and prayers. Best wishes with everything regarding your decision--you definitely have to do what you feel is best for you both.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Digital video camera pixals Meridia spain Free malpractice information on doctors in california tramadol online car seat covers for dogs Motorola v300 phone cases cover faceplates http://www.cosmetic-surgery-tv-commercials.info Ambien producer amateur fucking Italy united kingdom singapore php webhosting singapore Cowboy boot floormats Web site promotion service seo oroville Ford proving ground china Con divorce articles