One of the good things about having read romance books for so long and so quickly is whenever I can't think of something else to blog about, I can blog about favourite authors recent reads, old read or top reads. Today's offering is my all time top ten favourite books.
1. Dreaming of You ,Lisa Kleypas - The reason? Derek Craven. I also like Sara quite a bit
2. Lord of Scoundrels ,Loretta Chase Dain is really just a big old teddy bear at heart and Jessica knows how to treat him. She's my kind of heroine. There's a reason this one always ends up so high on so many favourite lists.
3. After the Night, Linda Howard – This one I rate so high for the washroom scene alone. Sexy, funny and anyone who’s read it knows what I’m talking about
4. One Summer, Karen Robards – By all rights this one shouldn’t be so high. The mystery was only so so, but I adored the love story between Johnny and Rachel. One test is if I remember the characters names years later and I definitely remember these two.
5. Mr. Perfect, Linda Howard – The banter between Janie Bright and Sam Donavan is sharp, witty and delightful. This is the only book I have both in HC and PB and I plan on keeping both
6. Naked in Death, J.D. Robb - Although it’s hard to narrow down a favourite In Death book, this is the one that launched the series and I always go back to.
7. Whispers in Heaven, Candice Proctor – Jean Mason’s review (linked) at TRR says it beautifully what makes this book so special
8. Love Alters Not, Patricia Veryan – Anthony Ferrar is such a wonderful, tortured yet noble hero and I adore Mitten, the heroine. This one has it all (including a great cover)
9. Once and Always, Judith McNaught – Another surprising top ten. Jason is a bit of a jerk and Victoria is a bit too perfect, but still this is one I simply loved
10. Ride the Fire, Pamela Clare – I’ve blogged about this one recently. It’s the only book I’ve read in the past couple of years that has broken through to make it in the top ten.