Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Yes indeedy, it is me making a rare appearnce




Hi!  Yes!!  It is indeed me again after yet another lengthy unplanned absence.  But I had to come back – hopefully more often – but also to give some great news.  I very rarely send fan letters to authors.  I should do it more often – we all want to hear when we do a good job and that job has made others feel good, but I alas, I am remiss.  I did however send one letter of appreciation and inquiry lately.  I was so excited when I saw that Lord of the Storm and Skypirate were released as ebooks.  I’ve already bought, read and loved them all over again.  But another series she wrote I equally loved – the Hawk Trilogy.  Buoyed by the excitement of finding the Coalition books out as ebooks, I wrote to her to see if there were any plans for the Hawk series.  I head back from her on Monday and yes indeed the Hawk ones were coming out – in fact the first one, Wild Hawk, was coming out Feb 24/15 with the next two planned for March and April. 

Well, lickety split, before one could say uncle, I raced over to Amazon and pre-ordered it.  And since TODAY is Feb 24/15, well, it was like my birthday when I first checked out my Kindle app.  I’m just about finished a book, but you can bet your bottom dollar you can all guess what my next one will be.   It’s been years since I read it, but I looooved it.  It’s one I’ve never forgotten over the years.  Here is the synopsis:

"Jason Hawk only came to his father's funeral to spit on his grave. That was the best the old man deserved from the bastard son he'd never given a damn about. The son whose plan for revenge had now been derailed by Aaron Hawk's death. Or had it?

Kendall Chase was Aaron Hawk's smart and efficient executive assistant, and had come to know a side of the old man that few saw. But convincing Jason there had been more to his father, more to his whole life's story than Jason knew, wasn't easy. He was as tough as the father he hated. And more compelling than any man she'd ever met.

Convincing him the mysterious Hawk family book, a history now chronicling treachery and murder, had answers even for things yet to occur, was a much bigger job. Despite his attraction to her, the only part of Kendall's stories Jason believes is that his father's vicious widow is determined to see that Jason gets none of the inheritance left him.

In the end, Jason has to make a decision. Is the magic real? Or more importantly, is the revenge he's wanted for nearly 30 years, worth losing Kendall"

4 comments:

azteclady said...

I just re-read this one a little bit ago!!!

*happy sigh*


(and you really should blog more often, m'love, you are missed--terribly!)

Kristie (J) said...

AL - isn't it great!!! And I know I should. A big part of the problem is I, um, kind of forget my password for WiFi at home so I can only do it on my Ipad - or at work - after hours 'cause I am a good worker bee :-)

Wendy said...

Kristie, Kristie, Kristie. See if your son can reset your WiFi password. I miss you! Although not so much anymore since I keep getting GoodReads recommendations from you LOL

When ebooks started to really become "a thing" I was hoping it would mean 1) more "different" historicals and 2) better backlist availability. It took too long IMHO - but we're finally seeing great strides with backlists! It's so lovely to be able to find some of these titles that used to mean scouring used bookstores, seeing if your online friends in other states and countries could scour their used bookstores, and then Lord help you if the book you wanted was hard to find and selling on eBay for $50.

It's also so wonderful for authors who can now make some money on books that, let's be frank, weren't making them any money for a lot of years because they were out of print.

Now if only my historical wish would come true - although it has been perking up a bit.....

Hilcia said...

I have an old romance, One Last Chance by Justice Davis in my Kindle that you recommended to me. I will probably whip it out for the TBR Challenge one of these days!

I'm also so very thankful when I see all these backlists on ebook format. I used to go nuts looking for old books to catch up with backlists.