Sunday, January 18, 2009

Getting some of the groove back

So! What does one do to get out of a funk? Well, for romance readers, what better way then to head to the nearest book store? I did hop in the shower, call my son to help me shovel snow, and then headed to the book market. Here's what I got to cheer me up


Private Demon by Lynn Viehl
I think I have the first one - somewhere.

And I loved her sense of humor when they changed the colour on her most recent book.





To Seduce a Texan by Georgina Gentry
believe it or not she's a new-to-me author -
but it's a Western!







The Girl Most Likely To by Susan Donovan
I've still yet to read her last book!!





The Wild One by Denise Eagan
New-to-me author and a good price.





Every Breath You Take by Hope Tarr
I love the song by Sting - and I like her writing.





Midnight Sins by Cynthia Eden
I've heard good buzz on this one






Baby's Watch by Justine Davis
I've loved her earlier books and I'm hoping I like this one
despite the fugly cover and really dumb title.




For the Love of Pete by Julia Harper
I loved Hot and I love her aka Elizabeth Hoyt.









And then of course there was the roaring good time I had cataloging them!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Georgina Gentry. She used to write Indian Romances, right? Yeah, I think she did!! I have a few inside. I need to dig them out!!

Happy to see you're getting back to your chipper self :)

Renee said...

Yay Kristie! Glad you got out of the house.

And there are few things as exciting as new books. :-)

Can't wait to see you blog about how they are, esp. To Seduce a Texan and Every Breath You Take.

Wendy said...

You need to read the Gentry and tell me what you thought of it LOL. It got a very, very good review in one of the professional journals I read for work, and I'm not sure if I should "trust" it or not. This is the same journal who routinely gives excellent reviews to an author whose books I just. don't. get.

Hence, my trust issues. So c'mon Kristie! Hook a girl up would ya? LOL

Lea said...

Kristie!

Nice to see you getting a little "groove", back. Great book choices.

I love, love Lynn Viehl's Darkyn series...

Regards
L

Chantal said...

I'm reading To Seduce a Texan right now!

Kailana said...

I always go to the bookstore when I am having a bad day, too!

Jill D. said...

I also want the Donovan and the Harper. I have heard good things about both. I like Hope Tarr too, but I didn't know she had a new one out. I'll have to check it out. Happy reading!

nath said...

How much snow did you get, Kristie? I can't wait for spring/summer already... isn't that sad?

Hope you enjoy the Donovan and Harper. I liked them both :D

Chantal said...

Wendy, I just finished the Gentry book.(DNF) Sigh.