Monday, October 29, 2007

First of a bunch - Clearing the record

I must clear up a matter of extreme importance.

Those silly sisters! I was NOT MEAN to Lisa and Nancy when growing up. Far, far from it. They were mean to ME! You see I am the oldest. Lisa is 3 years younger and Nance is 4 years younger. They are only 13 months apart and when we were kids they constantly ganged up on me and picked on me. No, I'm not whining or anything - just stating facts.
Their most unforgivable sin? One does not know what torture is until one, as a child, has to sit beside them in the back seat while listening to them recite Shakespeare soliloquies done with a fake heavy Southern accent done with idiot puppets named Suzie and Pipsqeak.
I can never listen to:
"O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll not longer be a Capulet"

without shudders of horror implanted on my brain. And they ruined a wonderful (at the time) movie. I mean who in my age range didn't swoon over this one!




Oh the stories I could tell.
Needless to say though - I managed to love them to death despite their wickedness.
Yes, on occasion I may have tried getting back at them - but it never worked. Meaness is not in me

1 comment:

Dev said...

That's funny! My sister and I are only 10 1/2 months apart (I'm older), so we didn't get along very well at all.