Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm my own monster

You remember on a previous post I said I had 2,289 books?
Weeeeelllll
I stopped at the bookstore on the way home and picked up a few books. When I got home there were two boxes waiting for me. One was an order from Chapters. The other was an order from Harlequin

*sigh*

This is my latest haul

These are the store bought books

Silver Master by Jayne Castle - I've always enjoyed her books











If His Kiss is Wicked by Jo Goodman - She's been an autobuy author for years











Fearless by Andrea Wilder - A new author - always willing to give them a try












Coming Undone by Susan Andersen I think she's one of the very few authors that I've enjoyed every one of her books













A Reckless Beauty by Kasey Michaels - I enjoyed the first group of books in this series. This is the second one in the second group












These I got from Chapters on-line

Rising Wind by Cindy Holby - Colonial is a genre I love that there are far too few of.













Next To Die by Marliss Melton - I quite enjoyed her first book

In the Dark by Marliss Melton - This is the second one.
I also picked up the third one in Dallas











The Cowboy Who Came Calling by Linda Broday - I noticed her on the new group blog Petticoats and Pistols. I didn't think I had any of her books and then while doing some book organizing on the weekend - low and behold I do have another one!









And these are the Harlequins

Raintree Sanctuary by Beverly Barton
and
Raintree Haunted by Linda Winstead Jones
I already have the first one by Linda Howard so I just had to get these ones. Right? I know Tara loved them







How to Lose and Extraterrestrial in 10 Days by Susan Grant - Really dumb title but it got a pretty good review at AAR and the story line sounded good. And I've really enjoyed her in the past. Now all I have to do is read the first two in the series









Captured by Helen Kirkman I don't know why I got this one. I have a couple of her other books but I've yet to read them









She's No Angel by Leslie Kelly -
Jane of Dear Author liked this one

Hard and Fast by Lisa Renee Jones - Another rec by Jane. And this is a baseball book. I love Sports Romance - well most of 'em anyway. And she did say if you like See Jane Score.......
(OK - it wasn't at Dear Author where I saw She's No Angel - I could have sworn it was! But someone, somewhere liked it. I know they did.)






Klondike Wedding by Kate Bridges I've read a few of hers and liked all of them

And finally ????????

Whirlwind Baby by Debra Cowan I must admit I have no idea why I got this one. NO IDEA AT ALL!! True, I've read a few by this author, but there is no way I would buy a book called Whirlwind Baby. What kind of stupid title is that? And I know I'd never buy one with such a dufus cover. I know I wouldn't. She reminds me of Meredith from Grey's Anatomy - and I don't even like that show. I think this one is the cuckoo book in the book nest. Watch - I'll read it and just love it. It is a Western....




And Kaitlin - I haven't forgotten that meme. I'll do that very soon - promise!

'til later

10 comments:

meljean brook said...

Hee. I had a similar haul today.

I haven't seen anything about a couple of these -- off to look them up.

nath said...

LOL, I'm jealous! I want to go buy books, but seriously, there's nothing to buy! *hmmm, re-reading that sentence and, LOL, that's not true, but let's pretend it is :P*

I got Captured by Helen Kirkman too and i have no idea why I bought it because I've never read her... perhaps, they put a spell of attraction on it LOL :P

oh, and let me know what you thought of Marliss Melton's books. They look good :D

ReneeW said...

Wow, I'm so impressed. You are amazing :) I have some of those on my list and I'm intrigued by some of those covers. Rising Wind looks just like the cover of LotM DVD case, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

V impressive haul. I want the Jayne Castle book too - I'm a sucker for JAK futuristics, for some unknown reason.

Kristie (J) said...

Meljean: So was Whirlwind Baby on your list *g*? I'm still trying to figure out what I was thinking when I put that one down. I keep thinking of the dancing baby from Ally McBeal a few years ago and it twirling faster and faster.

Nath: I picked up Book 1 & 3 in Dallas. I really liked the first one and figured I'd read the 2nd before the 3rd. And then the 4th came out. So.......
And with Helen Kirkman - I think it's the different time period that attracted me to it.

Renee: LOL I'm not sure if it's amazing or obsessed. My sister would defintley (how the hell do you spell that word???) say obsessed!!
And it does look like the cover of LOTM (I watched again just the other night *sigh - those roof and waterfall scenes get me every time!!!)doesn't it - except for the hair colour

Li: I really do enjoy Jayne Castle's Sci-Fi romance books. Have you ever read her older ones Sweet Starfire, Crystal Flame or Shield's Lady? I really enjoyed those ones too - even a bit more than her more recent ones I think.

And speaking of Sci-Fi Romance - I have a draw to make!

CindyS said...

Definitely want to hear more about the LOTM cover one when you read it. I had to laugh at the Whirlwind Baby - it's your subconscious screaming your love of all things baby regardless of what you say to us ;)

I wasn't lucky with the Kate Bridges I tried and the cover looks a little freaky. Can't place the feeling - something about the dress.

Cindy

Rosie said...

I tried to buy books today however my B&N was behind shelving...as usual... and I got no 'help' at the help desk. It's so frustrating. I've gotten a couple of these but I'm most envious of the Jayne Castle book. I've enjoyed that series and wanted the new book badly. I'll try nagging again this weekend and if they don't have it I'll break down and order it.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read her older ones Sweet Starfire, Crystal Flame or Shield's Lady?

Yep. I think I can safely say I have all of JAK's futuristics! I agree with you - I prefer the older ones to her current Harmony books. The recent ones are more cookie-cutter, IMO. I'm still getting "Silver Master" though :-)

sybil said...

I have the bridges to be read and really Whirlwind Baby is pretty good.

I read it a few months back. I really should go put up a review.

Kristie (J) said...

Sybil: I'm thinking it probably is good - but it is a funny title *heh heh*

Li: I haven't read too many Krentz's lately though she used to be an autobuy. I think it's Sweet Starfire that I liked the most. (yep - just checked - that's the one)
A couple more I really liked with a strong paranormal element although not futuristics are Gift of Fire and Gift of Gold

Rosie: Don't you hate when that happens!! You're all primed and ready to pick up a certain book - and alas, it's not there. That's why I love the feature of the Chapter's website where you can see if a particular store has the book in question in stock.

Cindy: I'll be sure to let you (and everyone) know how this one is