Friday, November 10, 2006

Here's my haul

As Cindy mentioned, I drove to her place yesterday. It was my second last hurrah before I start back working full time come Monday. There were a few books I've been looking for that haven't shown up yet so just for the heck of it, knowing I'd be visiting and she kind of asked if I might want to check out the Chapters in her neck of the woods, I looked them up in her Chapters. And low and behold - they were there!! The only store within a 25 kilometer distance of either the city I live in or the city she lives in. It was fate I tell you!

So once I got to Cindy's and after we had about a two hour gab-fest we headed out - shopping. We went to Home Sense first. Now I wish with all my heart I could show you what I got there, but I seem to have bungled up my IE somehow and I can't download pictures from the digital camera. Lisa is nowhere around to fix it for me. I told her about and she said it sounds like I'll have to reinstall it. *snort*. Like that's going to happen. Risk another call to Cable Guy - I don't think so. I'll just wait until the next time she comes and very pitifully ask if she can help me. But, once this little problem is taken care of I'll post pictures. In the meantime and because the internet is my friend, I found pictures of what I got.




This one is a Cutty Shark


This one is The Bounty. Now if only I had a little Mel on board. Well - maybe not.

These ones are much bigger than the other ones. I had no idea how big until I put them on the book shelf. But - I'm starting my Armada!

Then we headed over to Chapters. And my purchases there:


Cindy made me buy this one. She did! She pointed out the nice low price so how could I refuse? And I think we both bought one in honour of Maili's return knowing how much she adores Scottish historicals :)


This one got a most excellent review recently at Dear Arthor, so I just HAD to have it!


I read the first one of this series and really enjoyed it and I just started the second one which has been hanging around for a while. When I read Nath's review, I just knew I had to get the third one.


This one I bought just for me. I've read all her books and adored almost everyone. And by the way - this is the second time she has outbought me on books *g*. But we did have a most wonderful time staring in rapt adoration at the bookshelves and comparing reads. There's no doubt she's read a lot more paranormals than me, but I think I beat her in historicals and RS.

So, I said the trip to Cindy's was my second last hurrah. My last one starts early tomorrow. Lisa and I are travelling to Port Huron Michigan for the weekend to meet up with Nancy our youngest sister, the sister we haven't seen in well over a year, the sister who I'm going to have to find all the presents I squirrled around the house for. And guess where I'm going to see if I can talk them into going? Heh heh. I have my American money just waiting to be spent! So depending on what time we get back on Sunday, I may be MIA for the next few days. I start work on Monday, then have class right after that. And I expect I'll be one tired puppy by the time I get home considering I haven't worked since May.

'til later

8 comments:

Jenster said...

I love the ships. Are they schooners? Or maybe clippers? Whatever, I like them.

Are you getting excited about your job on Monday?

Jen

Kristie (J) said...

Jenster: LOL - I don't know. One says Cutter Ship and the other says The Bounty. Although I will start having to do research if I want to build a proper Armada :) And I am getting excited. And a wee bit scared. What if my alarm clock doesn't go off? What if they don't like me? What if I wear the wrong thing? What if I can't find it? That kind of thing :)

CindyS said...

I say relax and enjoy your last hurrah before re-joining the work force!

I'm going to miss our daytime visits and I tell you, I can't believe how fast time flies by!

And yeah, you sooo have me beat in historical and RS!

Have fun!

Cindy

Jenster said...

I can totally understand those fears. But once Monday comes and goes without a hitch Tuesday will be much easier. lol

Jen

Tara Marie said...

I picked up The Raven Prince the other day, read about 1/3 and now it's lost somewhere in the house, I'm testing the ignore it and it will show up theory again--LOL.

Good luck on Monday!!

Jennie said...

Good luck on your first day at the new job!

Anonymous said...

*laugh* You're such a cow, Kristie.

Good luck with the new job. :)

Rosario said...

It's around middday here, but I guess with the time difference you're probably just starting your new job now. Good luck, I hope you love it!