Sunday, June 25, 2006

Folks we have us a winner!

Crazy Love by Tara Janzen

Man oh man I love the Crazy series by Tara Janzen, and Crazy Love is no exception. All those who have read and enjoyed these ones probably know that this one is Skeeter Bang and Dylan Hunt’s story. Skeeter is one kick ass character and in this one she is even more kick assier then ever. Normally I’m not that big a fan of this kind of heroine – Eve Dallas excluded – but there is something so totally appealing about Skeeter. For one thing, she has the best name going. Skeeter Bang. Baby Bang. Ya gotta love it!

In a previous book we learn that Dylan Hunt, the uber cool boss of the Steele Street Special Forces has it bad for Skeeter, but refuses to give into his feelings. When the book opens he still has it bad and he’s still refusing to do anything about it. It’s the age difference don’t you know. Naturally she is just as hot for Dylan. In a hilarious scene in the previous book, he thinks of buying a soda machine for Skeeter and her friends. In this one he is still making the same dumb kind of decisions, his internal dialogue is such a hoot that it had me grinning and chuckling a number of times. I love a book where the hero is so gone, so wrecked for the heroine, he’s dumb with it.

Skeeter has learned a lot since the end of the last book and is ready to be a full-fledged member of the team. In fact, unbeknownst to Dylan she’s already gone on a couple of missions and done a bang up job. But Dylan doesn’t want her being anything more than the computer geek and numero uno ace mechanic. He (very, very) reluctantly agrees she can come on the mission he’s just been assigned; as a driver. The mission appears easy but of course it’s not and Skeeter gets to prove her worth. Past enemies are after Dylan and we go along with the thrill-a-minute adventures. Travis James plays a role in this one and one of the funniest moments in the book is his “very terrifying” ride in a Honda Civic. I think this is her funniest book yet although there is still lot’s of nail biting, high octane excitement.

Once again this book is pure escapism. If one were to sit down and analyze it, I’m sure there would be plot holes, but that’s not what this series is about. It’s about fast cars, hot sex, thrills and adventure. I had no sooner finished Crazy Love, when I went back and started it all over again – a rare thing. I inhaled it in one day. Now I need to go back and savour it. I’ve loved all of the Crazy books so far, but I’m thinking I love this one best of all. I have this "four books in a series and that’s it" rule, but rules are made to be broken and these books break it. I can hardly wait for the next one! And I don't often say that.

In a recent Romancing the Blog column, Katie MacAlister asked the question ‘do other people turn to reading in times of stress and is there a particular genre that works best’. For me Ms. Janzens books do a wonderful job and once again I read this one at exactly the right time! This one is a keeper.
Sorry Sybil – but it’s a special one *grin*


Grade: 5 out of 5

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohh, it's out already? See, I am waiting for the ebook which won't be released until tomorrow night. Sigh.

Kristie (J) said...

Jane: I was lucky enough to get an ARC so it's not "officially" out yet. But I read on a message board the other day that it was on the shelves in a few places so I thought it would be alright if I blogged about it.

Holly said...

UGH! I'm so jealous! I want to read it, too, especially after this great review! I've been dying to read this since I finished Crazy Kisses.

Hopefully I can find it tomorrow at Borders. :)

sybil said...

LOL that is ok I haven't read any of them yet ;)

Glad to see you got an ARC of a book that makes you smile. You deserve all the smiles you can get!

Kristie (J) said...

Holly - it's one helluva book!!! This whole series is just great. When I first heard what they were about I wasn't sure if they would be my cuppa - but boy are they ever!!

Nikki said...

I'm with you, I love this series. I liked this book, too. I just wanted more Skeeter and more Dylan! I love both their characters and just wanted more. I wish this book could have been 500 pages!!

This whole series are keepers for me. I know I will read them over and over!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, looking forward to this one! I've loved all the others so far! I'v been meaning to review them, but I just haven't had the time dammit!

Nicole said...

Oooh....looks good. I got my manager at work reading the series now. I still need to read Crazy Kisses, but I got Crazy Love from Amazon last night.

~ames~ said...

I have the first book in my TBR. Now I definitely have to read it, Dylan sounds so great!

Devon said...

Now I'm even more excited than before. No place by me ever puts anything out early, which is good for authors but not me. Did you see that there will be more books after Crazy Sweet? Janzen updated her site. The titles are going to be different (I guess she ran out of Crazy variations)

Kristie (J) said...

Sybil - you have to give these ones a try. I know RS isn't really your thing, but I think if you tried 'em you just might 'see the light' with RS cause these are some of the best :)

Nikki: I know! I could have just kept reading and reading and reading. It's one of those books you hate to see end isn't it?

Karen: I've been waiting to see your review on these ones. I know you like the Cindy Gerrard ones and the In Death ones so I'm pretty sure you are liking these ones too.

Nicole: and does your manager like them? How great to have a boss who likes romance!!

Ames: There all good!! We don't actually get to know Dylan until a book or two in, but the first ones are wonderful anyway!!! I've already read them all twice and I can really see my going for threesees

Devon: isn't it painful having to wait??? I just hate that! Reading how much everyone else is enjoying books and not having it yourself. It's a killer on the instant gratification urges we all have. And I did see she has more planned. Yeah!!!

Angela James said...

You know, as someone who didn't love the first book as much as everyone else, I've really enjoyed subsequent books but I've been looking forward to this book with ridiculous enthusiasm. I even looked in several different stores this weekend to see if someone had shelved it early. I can't wait to read it!

sybil said...

What was the first book? Crazy what?

Holly said...

Crazy Hot, Sybil. Then Crazy Cool, Crazy Wild and Crazy Kisses. They're all good. :)

Lori said...

Yay!! I'm so glad it's a winner :) Can't wait to go get it! Definitely gonna go shopping this week!

ReneeW said...

Perfect timing, Kristie! I just finished Crazy Kisses this weekend and really enjoyed it, and was wondering about the next book. Looks like I need to go shopping.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Airbag peugeot 307 Antidepressants indicated for manic depressive disorder Julie anal mortgage brokers Nexium description usage Engine monitor incorporated fire alarm mimic panel