Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Orannia's Broken Wing Challenge

A while ago Orannia issued a challenge for anyone who hadn't read Broken Wing, to read this book. Since everyone and their mother (and father and brother and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbours and so on) know by now how much I adore this book - it's numero uno on my all time favourite book list now, I've been following said challenge.

Those who took up the gauntlet had until the end of July to read and report their thoughts. If I'm missing some, please let me know!! But from what I've been following, Orianna was the first to report in with her thoughts.

Amy of Aymless's Thought's on Books and Life (and who I got to 'hang' with in DC - and what fun she is) has just blogged about what she thought of it too!


And I had an interesting chat with the people of Source books, publishers of her next release Highland Rebel, in DC and they told me that Broken Wing was the best selling book Medallion has had. I don't know if this is true or not - but if it is - a big huge SCORE!! for blogger buzz 'cause I can't help but think that all us bloggers who have read and loved this book and blogged about it have been a contributing factor in it's doing so well!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this book! I also can say that all readers should take this challenge, read Broken Wing!!

Can't wait for Highland Rebel!

Dottie :)

azteclady said...

*scribbling furiously*


*sheepish*

Taja said...

Cool news!

And it's great that the quest is still going strong. Right in time for September. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved this book, too!! And yup, I remember them saying that!

~ames~ said...

That's great news!

orannia said...

...Broken Wing was the best selling book Medallion has had.

That's fantastic news! And your post has reminded me that I have to do a round-up post :)

Oh, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for Judith James' second book!

azteclady said...

*whispering* the review is up *ducking*

Mary G said...

Hi Kristie
My son bought me Broken Wing for my birthday, but I don't think I'll have it read by tomorrow.

Mary G said...

Hi Kristie
My son bought me Broken Wing for my birthday, but I don't think I'll have it read by tomorrow.