Now I know I'm not going to get any sympathy at all - I don't expect any *g* but as incredible as everything is - it's not altogether perfect. These are some of my issues:
- Coffee - this just isn't the coffee I'm used too. I don't drink Tim Horton's coffee that much but what I wouldn't do for a nice Williams Coffee right about now!!
- Glasses - Why I don't know - but I traveled here with 4 pair of glasses; my funky glasses, my regular glasses, my prescription sunglasses and my reading glasses. It seems I'm constantly taking off one pair and putting on another depending on where I am and what I'm doing. I can't see at a distance, I can't see close up and I need them for outside. I'm getting so tired of changing every few minutes.
- Money - American money isn't colourful like Canadian money. When I get change I just throw it into my purse. With Canadian money I can tell at a glance what I have - whether it's a five or a ten or a twenty. But with American money, unless I take it out and look at it (which means a change of glasses), I can't tell what it is. I've handed a $1 for something that cost $5 or a $20 for something that cost $1 and then I get a whole bunch of change. The one thing - it's not to heavy with loonies and twoonies.
- The weather - why is it that San Francisco and Dallas which are closer to the equator weren't as hot and humid as Washington DC which is further away??? This weather is downright nasty now!
- The walking and the standing and the standing and the walking!!!
- My purse. Now those who know and love me won't believe this one but the Mom purse I got to bring with me has TOO many pockets. I love a purse with sections since I can dedicate one to books, one to wallets and drivers license, one for paper etc. ect. That's the plan anyway. My sisters will confirm that when looking for something, I usually have to take everything out before I find it. But this purse is overkill. It seems like I have 17 sections and everything is getting mixed up - glasses and money and books!!
So no sympathy needed but just to let you know - not all is totally perfect :-)