Thursday, July 09, 2009

How I'm feeling

tigger bouncing

I'm finding it harder and harder to concentrate at work these last few days. Yesterday just dragged by. I have someone shadowing me at work tomorrow and I don't know what kind of mood I'll be in *g* Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll be several feet off the ground.

I stopped at a shoe store on the way home yesterday looking for a pair of nice sandals. I was telling Mary (who really needs to get a blog *wink*) in an email that I wanted to get sparkly. I tried on some really nice ones but they all had heels that were too high - and they weren't even high at all. While I admire high heels, I can't wear them so I had to settle for a slightly non-sparkly pair. I think I'll take them to work and then put them on so I can break them in a bit and find out where I'll have to put the band aids. One of the big things at the RWA conferences is the amount of standing/walking one does so comfy shoes are essential! I'm hoping to get these ones comfy by Monday. Now I just need to get a pedicure so my toes look purty.

I have my air bus booked.
I have my flight booked.
Thanks to super efficient Wendy, the room is booked. She's not just a Super Librarian!
I'll be the first to arrive on Monday. My flight was supposed to land at 5:00 pm but they changed it and now it gets in around 3:00. Wendy and Rosie will be in a few hours later. I'm thinking it will take me that long to figure out how to get the internet working!!
Brent will stopping by daily to look after 'the girls'.
I know where my passport is.

But I still have SO much to do - but I'm almost too excited to do it!

So - who else will be in Washington DC next week?

21 comments:

Stacy~ said...

Sadly, I won't be there :( But I hope you have a wonderful time Kristie. Take lots of pictures!

Next year for sure. I'm so looking forward to Nashville.

Kati said...

*waving hand*

Me! Me! Me! I'll be there! Can't wait to meet you!

Kristie (J) said...

Stacy: I WILL see you next year in Nashville 'cause I can't think of a reason why I won't be there *g*

And Kati: EEEEEEEK I'll see you next week!

December said...

I'll be there! (I've been reading the blog a few months. Not sure if I've commented before.)

As for shoes, I have a really high arch, so I'm actually more comfortable in heels then flats.

and don't throw that back in my face if I'm limping around swearing... mmkay? LOL!

Kristie (J) said...

December! Hi and thanks for dropping in! So are you feeling all Tiggerish too then? This will be my third one and I'm just as excited as the first time I went. I envy you your ability to wear heels. We will see how I am at the end of the day :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so so excited for you Kristie! I hope you have a wonderful time! (please let us all know how it's going. Here's a CRAZY thought -- are you sitting down -- you could even send a tweet! LOL)

AnimeJune said...

I'm arriving on Tuesday, but I've been bothering EVERYBODY in my family with my repeated "I'm so excited for washington! I'm so exciting for washington!" mantra to the point where my mum said, "Are you gonna make us hate you for an entire week?"

I have comfortable shoes for the regular days and glossy candy-apple red pumps for the parties. :)

Wendy said...

I still feel like I have "so much to do" that I haven't allowed myself to get excited. I probably won't be excited until after I'm off the plane, and checked in at the hotel! LOL

nath said...

LOL, when you get to the reception desk, ask them do explain to you what you need to do to connect to internet. They probably have some explanation sheet or something!

LOL, the most important though is all ready: bus, flight and room booked :D

Do you have to work this week-end?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip!
:o)

Leslie said...

I'm getting excited and I'm not even going! LOL

I'll live vicariously through you okay? ;)

And when RWA eventually makes it back to the west coast - I'm there. :)

Kristie (J) said...

Jessica: *g* I'm planning on getting Rosie and Wendy to help me with the finer points on tweeting. *sigh* As with so many other things, I kind of don't really get the hang of it yet.

AnimeJune: Oooooh - Candy Apple red shoes - I bet they have heels too! I'm Granny Smith green with envy!!
Since I live by myself, it's the people I work with who get the brunt of my excitment. And they are all excited for me. A good many of them are now reading Janet Evanovitch so they are excited about her being the speaker at one of the lunches.

Wendy: I'm excited - but also terrified at how much I have to do. It almost seems like I'm leaving for a 2 month trip to the outer hebridies the way I'm fretting *g*

Nath: ROTFL!! Surely you know that even if written in ink, I still have problems deciphering. Whether it be getting wireless up and running or trying to download pics from my camera - I'm a dufus with that kind of thing.

Ms. Moonlight: I plan to!!! Being surrounded by My People - the thought causes me to shiver!

Leslie: OK *g*. Wendy, Rosie and I will all have laptops so you should be able to live triple through us - and even more as there are more then just us going

Lisa Marie Wilkinson said...

Kristie,
Have a fabulous time at Nationals!

Lusty Reader said...

i'm lucky to live here full time, but i can't wait until the city is flooded with romance novel lovers next week! like you, i have been on a book buy ban and can't wait to bring 21378 new ones home from the signing.

and i'm so glad ballet flats are fashionable now. heels kill me and my hubby is only 2 inches taller than i!

Carrie Lofty said...

Me! Will be great to see you again. I'll be at the signing and two workshops on Saturday (High-Octane Kisses and The Billionaire Tycoon's Secret Promotional Baby).

Shaymless Aymless said...

Whee! I have my flight booked as well. I get in very very early Wednesday.

Mary G said...

Hopefully next year I could go. I'd even stand in line for you when it gets to be too much. How can I have a blog now? After reading yours, Lea's,Amy C's etc. I'd be so boring.

Lea said...

Kristie!

Thinking of you. You have an awesome time in Washington.

Best
L

LorelieLong said...

I'll be there! Squeee!!

Julia said...

I'm soooo jealous! But have a GREAT time at RWA! :)

nath said...

LOL, I foresee only one solution then... wait for Wendy :P