I've been home about an hour and a half and debating between doing a post and having a nice long sleep. I want to blog about all the good times and excellent workshops I attended but I'm not sure I have the energy at the moment. I meant to do a post everyday but unlike the RWA conferences I've attended, I went to a lot of workshops and was on the go from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm every night and just didn't have the chance. And right about now I forgot what I did on Monday.
I still have the program and when I look at it, I'll remember all the stuff I did. So for now, I'll just do a few highlights - they will be random as I think of them.
- My roomies, Jill and Nath were delightful to share a room with. I've 'loved' Jill ever since I first discovered her blog, but meeting her in person, I loved her even more! She's such a bubbly, upbeat and friendly person - so friendly she can get old men to carry boxes for her, and bar tenders to give her bottle openers. And I've met Nath before of course, but she's also such fun to spend time with - even though I thought she over worried about getting through customs with the large amount of books she got *g*. (By the way Nath - I slipped through in less than two minutes - hope it went smooth for you to) And - by the way, it's her birthday today so be sure to wish her a happy one - she's spending most of it in airports :-(
- Meeting CJ and at the end of the week telling her I was so disappointed that I didn't get a chance to get Mind Games during the Author Signing but it was so packed and it wasn't very long before I got a huge case of claustrophobia and had to get out. She said her books sold out and I was so disappointed, but then through Nath, she slipped me a signed copy. Thank you CJ!!
- Picking up a copy of His At Night by Sherry Thomas in the Goodie Room. It's not even out yet people!! And guess what - I read it while I was there and it is EXCELLENT - review to come soon.
- Seeing fellow bloggers LisaBea and Carrie Lofty again and sitting with LisaBea and Kate Davies(who won for Best Indie Press Contemporary) in the bar.
- Picking up a copy of Beyond the Shadows by Jess Granger at the book signing. I've been looking forward to this one ever since I finished Beyond the Rain. Even though claustrophobia struck much earlier than I hoped it would, I did manage to get this one!
- Getting a chance to tell Joss Ware how much I LOVE her Envy Chronicles series.
- The potato bar at the Carina Press Launch Party. Man, was that ever good - and such an excellent idea!! You see, they had 3 different kinds of mashed potatoes, White Cheddar, GarlicWasibi that you put in a martini glass. Unlike my rather lumpy (or so my sons say) mashed potatoes, these were smooth and whipped. Then you had a number of things you could top them with - shredded cheese, bacon bits, beef tips with mushrooms and gravy, fried onions and sour cream. I think they had a few other choices, but these were the ones I went with. And were they ever GOOD!!! I had TWO helpings.
- Meeting up with Jane and Sarah again. I attended two workshops they gave as well as the interesting bingo game that Sarah ran.
- Seeing Angela James standing on stage introducing Carina Press. I've known Angie for a while now and have met her at the RWA conferences and she is such a great person. I was just so darned tickled at all that she has accomplished.
- And of course - the Wearing of the Mullet. This will take longer to blog about and I really do need a nap to go on. The
The brain is sinking fast so I think I'll be back after my well needed, five and a half hour drive home.
See!!! I knew the brain wasn't working at full capacity!!
- Getting a chance to meet fellow blogger Mollie. Although she didn't attend the convention, she lives in the Columbus area and went out to dinner with us - twice!! We went out the first night and then again last night. Last night I finally got to eat at The Cheesecake Factory - and I liked it. And after dinner was a trip to Barns and Noble where *cough* I picked up more books