Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A little of this, a little of that

A little of this
Well - it seems I might have sabatoged myself. I concentrated and tried so hard to learn the new job, one of the people showing me decided that I was done with training!!!
"Not even!" I wanted to shout. There are so many different things to do with each and every single piece of paper. If I have someone sitting next to me I'm not to bad, but having to do it on my own - Yikes! I'm still pretty brain dead when I get home, but it's a little better. But I noticed yesterday when I started, it seemed I had forgotten everything I learned the week before. I picked it up again quickly enough - but still - I'm not ready!

A little of that
I ordered some books from Harlequin not long ago. When I got home yesterday they were sitting at the back door. Unfortunately the mailman (or mail lady - I'm not really sure which) opened the back door and didn't shut it tight. The wind must have grabbed the screen door 'cause when I opened it to go in, box in hand, the door fell off it's hinges. It's a heavy thing and I couldn't carry it downstairs by myself. It's now sitting or rather laying on the kitchen floor. I have no idea what to do next. I called Ryan to see if he could help with it but he's tied up until the weekend. The hinges are all twisted so I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy a new door. But I don't know if the will install it or not. I have no idea on how to put on a door!!! And how much do doors cost anyway? I guess I'll be finding out.
I suppose the good news is that I got a free book out of the deal. Does Harlequin always ship an extra book when you order on line?

'til later

10 comments:

Suisan said...

Does the free book make up for the busted door?

Maybe the free book is for you to read while a hot young thing is standing in your kitchen fixing the door. (Here's hoping he doesn't sport a mullet.)

Stacy~ said...

Kristie, sometimes I feel like I do that one a daily basis, and I've been in my job for over 3 years LOL. You'll get the hang of it - that's just the kinda person you are :)

Geez, sorry about the door. I'm hoping Suisan is right - get a hottie to fix it for ya. I've never ordered from Harlequin, so I don't know if that's the status quo. I ordered some books from Amazon with an original receive date of 5/10 (one of the books was a pre-order) and I got most of them already - love that. And no shipping charges.

Jennie said...

You'll get the hang of your job--if they think you're ready then you're obviously doing better than you think you are!

Maybe you should email Harlequin about your door and see if they'll send you more free books for your trouble. ;)

Rosie said...

Kristie, it always seems like the dark, scary abyss when we start jobs and then one day we wake up and seem to know what we are doing. You sound like you are doing just fine.

As for the free book, I didn't get one with my order from Harlequin, but then I only ordered one book. It's probably that fickle LADY FATE evening out your karma for the broken screen door.

Anonymous said...

If you order on Fridays from Harlequin you get a free book.
Margaret

Kristie said...

We just bought a new screen door. It was about $200 and it is really nice. We got it from Lowes. They also install it for you if you want, so we did that. That was another $100, but since we got installation, they paid our sales tax, we got a $50 gift card and do get a tax credit next year. So all in all, we pretty much got the installation for free. I am so excited for it to me installed.

Cool on the free book! That has got to make up for it a little...

I am sure you doing a wonderful job at your new work! Just take it one day at a time!

nath said...

Hey Kristie! I know we always feel a bit insecure when starting a new job, don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to ask for their help... and it's really been blowing hard! Hopefully, you'll get your door fix soon... by a hottie :D

Wendy said...

Harlequin has a promo called "Free Book Fridays" where if you order on Friday you get the selected free book for that week.

Also, they just did a big ole' promo (last week? week before?) where they were giving away a free title every day. One of the reasons I like ordering from them - the occasional free book :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kristie, I DO love the look of your blog now. Stylish but fun. Good luck with that door :-)

Chantal said...

Did you order on a Friday? Harlequin includes a free book on all online orders every Friday.